Part 37: Are You Dumb?

The next morning...

Ryan woke up to the sound of ocean waves and the birds happily chirping. He looked at his watch and it was 6:30 in the morning which meant he slept only 4 and a half hours. His eyes landed on Amara who was peacefully sleeping in his arms. His gaze lingered all over her face as he observed her. He's always been close to her but never really observed her features before. She has long eyelashes and sheep arched eyebrows. Her tiny nose and perfect lips added life to her face. Her skin was almond brown just like the colour of sand. Seeing that she was sleeping so peacefully, he decided not to disturb her and closed his eyes back to sleep a little more. He pulled her closer as she snuggled into his chest and hugged him tightly.

On the outside...

Jake who just came back from his morning jog, heard a loud scream from the living room. That sounded like Crystal's voice and he immediately ran into the house, panicking. Crystal was looking at her phone which was on the ground. She looked so shocked that Jake wondered what's going on but he needed to check on her first so he rushed towards her. He held her shoulders and started shaking her "Crystal? Crystal! CRYSTAL!!!" "Huh?" "WHAT HAPPENED?!" She looked at him with confused eyes "Jake.." "What's wrong?!" She immediately picked up her phone from the ground and pointed it to him "Can you read out this name?" "Asher? Who's this guy?" Crystal screamed once again and started running around the room. "Hey hey! Who's that guy?!" "That's the guy who I have a crush on at my Uni." "You have a what?!" "A crush! Are you dumb?" Jake immediately turned serious "Men are dogs. You should stay away from such people." Crystal raised an eyebrow "Aren't you a man too?" "Well I'm build different." Crystal moved her head in disbelief. Just then, they heard the sound of cars horn. Jake and Crystal looked at each other "Looks like they're here."

 Both Jake and Crystal walked outside only to find all the people standing next to their cars and smiling at them. Jake's eyes moved to a certain car. He immediately looked back at Crystal and whisper shouted "Why the heck is that Asher guy here?!" "I invited him." She walked towards their guests and greeted them. Jake too went behind her. She walked towards Asher. Asher is a tall guy with perfectly built body. His brown hair was styled messily and his ocean blue eyes were so attractive that one could drown in them. He wore a green T-shirt and cream pants, tucked in. His shades were in his T- shirt and he wore brown shoes, giving out the impression of a perfect man with a semi formal vibe. Crystal greeted him "Hey Ash. I'm glad your here." Asher hugged her "Of course! How can I not come when you invited me?" Crystal's cheeks turned a light shade of red and she blushed. "Aww someone's blushing huh!" Asher smiled softly as pulled her cheek and Jake was annoyed. He pulled Crystal aside and introduced himself "Hello. This is Jake. The bride's brother." "Hey mate. I'm Asher. Crystal's boyfriend." He winked at Crystal as she blushed and looked away "Stop it Ash." Jake coughed to get his attention "She's not allowed to have a boyfriend." "Says who?" "Her brother." Crystal stopped him and held Asher's arm "Come with me I'll show you your room." He smiled at her and walked away after throwing a glance at Jake. Jake walked towards other guests and received them. 

On the way to the room, Asher looked at Crystal. Her hand was still holding his arm as she was talking to him about her plans for her brother's wedding. He was observing her side profile. She looked really pretty from the side. Once they reached the room, she let go of him and unlocked the door. Asher was slightly disappointed that she let go of his arm so quickly. Walking in, she said "Ash this is your room. My room is on the opposite side so you can tell me if you need anything. 302. You can also use the intercom and call me." Asher walked towards her and stood inches away from her. His voice turned husky as he asked "Anything?" He moved closer to her face as she closed her eyes in a reflex. He observed her delicate features. Her long eyelashes, her perfectly built nose, her cute lips..he was observing her as if he didn't want to stop looking at her. Seeing her close her eyes, he let out a small chuckle as she opened them to look at him. Seeing him so close, Crystal's cheeks turned a bright shade of red as she looked embarrassed. He held her delicate back and pulled her closer as their bodies were touching. "Can I visit your room if I need anything?" Crystal gently nodded her head and said "Yeah you can." Just then, someone knocked on the door. Crystal moved away from him and opened the door. It was one of the staff members. She briefly spoke with her and signed a few things before she left. Then Crystal turned around and looked at Asher "I'll take my leave. See you around." Asher held her hand and stopped her. She looked at him "Do you have to go?" Smiling, she walked towards him. She stood on her toes and pecked his cheek. He looked at her in surprise as he didn't expect it. "I have to check on other guests. I'll come back later." She giggled and ran out of the room before he could utter another word. Asher's cheeks turned slightly turned pink as he clicked his tongue and smiled.