Part 12: Phone call

After lunch, they parted their ways. Debbie and Josh were happy since their one and only daughter were finally getting married soon. It was the same thing with Grace and James. Amara left to her room and spent the rest of her day reviewing the files related to work. Ryan had to discuss about their next project with Noah and spent the day. For the next 1 week the cold stones peacefully did their work with no interruptions and distractions.

On a fine Tuesday evening...

Amara and Ryan needed to leave to City X for 2 days. It was for a mission. But they can't just tell that to their parents. So they had to make up a story that was believable. Fred, their boss, had asked them to come to city X. So as they planned, Amara got a call that evening. At the planned time, when her mom was sitting next to her on the couch, she left her phone there and went to the kitchen to grab a water bottle from the fridge. Debbie saw the incoming call and with a smile, called out Amara. "Amara, Ryan is calling sweetie!" "Answer the call mom!" Amara said from the kitchen.

"Hey babe!"

"Hello Ryan. I'm Debbie."

"Oh. Sorry aunty. Isn't she there?"

"She's in the kitchen to grab a water bottle. Anything important?"

"I actually called to speak to you aunty, I don't have your number."

"What is it son?"

"Aunty, there's a meeting at city X. We have to attend it. We will be back by 21st night."

"21st? But.."

"After that we won't go to office till 25th."

"Okay. You can speak to Amara. She's here."

Amara smiled at her mother and took the phone from her mom, walking towards her room. Once she went into her room and locked the door, she asked "So?" "Agreed." "Great. How about yours?" "Yes. 6 a.m. Tomorrow morning." "Okay." They cut the call. Both of them started packing their clothes for the next 2 days and went to sleep.

The next morning...

A stylish woman was standing in front of the doors of Stone Residency with a suitcase. It was Amara. She was wearing a white shirt, blue jeans, Red blazer and a few accessories to go with it. After ringing the bell for 2nd time, Grace opened the door. "Amara? What a pleasant surprise! Come in!" She welcomed Amara with a smile thought she was quite confused with why Amara was there at 6 am in the morning. Grace observed the suitcase that Amara brought along with her. "Are you going somewhere dear?" Before Amara could answer, she heard a voice. It belonged to Ryan who was walking the stair case. "We're going to city X. Will return on 21st." "What? You didn't even tell me?" "I did mom. I told you last night but you were busy speaking to Aunt Debbie about the engagement that you didn't pay attention to me." "My bad, Have a safe trip. Amara?" "Huh?" Amara snapped out to reality. She was too busy looking at Ryan. "Call me if my son causes any trouble." She winked. "I will, we will take our leave now aunty. It's getting late." "Yeah, okay. Take care kids." The care taker of the house installed their luggage's into Ryan's car trunk. And after bidding goodbye to his family, Amara Wood and Ryan Stone started their journey to City X.