Part 6: Friends' Reunion

Wood residency...

Amara was in her room getting ready. Jake entered her room. "Wow! You look awesome sis!" She turned around with an annoyed expression. "Mom forced me to wear it." "I almost forgot how you look in colours other than black and white." Jake said and walked towards her. "What?" She questioned with the same expression. He turned her around to face the mirror. "See how you look." "I look just fine for my eyes brother." She was wearing a plain blue dress which reached her ankle, with her hair in a messy bun, silver earrings, rings and a watch. Jake put her hair down into free hair. Amara's hair was long enough to reach her waist. "See you look much beautiful now." Jake said and Amara agreed. Jake was wearing a simple black shirt and blue torn jeans. Jake had an appreciable body that any girl would drool over with no doubt. Jake and Amara were walking down the stairs. James and Debbie were standing at the entrance. "Our kids grew up really fast." James said to his wife. Jake was driving with Amara next to him. James and Debbie were sitting at the back. Stone recidency was on the other side of city so it took about an hour for them to reach.

Stone Recidency...

The old friends, Josh and James hugged each other. "Ah! My friend! It's been so long since we met." Their wives, Debbie and Grace were friends too. They became friends after their marriages'. Crystal and Jake were friends. Jake and Ryan went to same university so Jake went to Ryan's house whenever they had holidays. Crystal and Jake played video games together. They did their 'long time' handshake. Whereas the cold stones just nodded at each other in acknowledgment. Jake went to his sister's side and whispered in a low voice so that no one else could hear. "Who the hell greets a person like that!?" Amara shrugged her shoulders. Crystal posed the same question to her brother. "Shake hands at least!" Jake and Crystal yelled at their siblings'. So President Wood and President Stone shook hands. Grace whispered to Debbie. "It's going to be a tough time to get them agreed." Debbie nodded. Just then Sam and Noah arrived and apologised for their late arrival. The families walked inside.
As soon as they entered, The presidents went to the meeting room for the meeting that was yet to be discussed. After 30 minutes, Josh came and called them for dinner.
All of them were sitting at the dining table peacefully dinner while discussing things. The Cold stones and their assistants were eating quietly while listening to others. All of a sudden the table went quiet. Josh called out "Amara dear?" Amara lifted her head and looked at Josh. "Yes uncle?" Josh called out his son too "Ryan?" "Yes dad?" Josh looked at everyone else present in the room and slowly spoke out "We were thinking...we want Amara And Ryan to get married." Everyone else held their breaths where as Noah and Sam choked on their food after listening to Josh. Debbie passed them a glass of water. Ryan and Amara continued eating as if turned deaf. After a long pause James finally spoke out. "We're asking you something kids." "Hmm." Was the reaction they got from the cold stones. All of them finished their dinner in silence and disappointment thinking they wouldn't agree for the marriage.