Part 13: They look like a Married Couple

City X was 5 hours away from City Y, the city where they were currently living. As they got into the car, Amara said "I will drive for half time as I don't want you to get tired during our mission." As she said that, it reminded Ryan of the past. Once, she said the same when they needed to meet Fred at their base in city Y. Ryan is Amara's Junior and a new trainee. So when Ryan was called to the base for the first time, Amara drove him there. The base was 5 hours away. But with Amara's driving they reached their destination in 3 hours. Ryan is a smooth driver. Amara is quite opposite. When she drives, you reach soon, but there's no guarantee for your life. After they reached the base during Ryan's trainee days, he puked and got hospitalised. After reminding the old bitter memory, he held his stomach and said "There's no need. I will give the steering to you if I get tired." Amara agreed and they started off. Once they crossed the city, Amara pulled out a cigarette from her pocket. "You still smoke?" Ryan questioned, handing over the lighter she was searching. "And you still carry the lighter around for me?" She questioned him back. After taking 2 puffs, she passed her cigarette over to him. "Mhm?" He nodded and chuckled after taking a puff. She looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "What's so funny?" "Apple Shine." That was Amara's lipstick flavour. Ryan's favourite. She never changed it since High school. "You still remember the taste." Amara remarked only to hear Ryan say "Old habits die hard." It was 11:30 a.m. by the time they reached the base. They barely spoke these 5 hours and every time they did, they ended up bickering.

"Excuse me? You were the one who was checking me out while walking down the stairs!"

"Yeah yeah. I've seen you almost drool over how I look." Ryan smirked.

"No? I was seeing the colour of your suitcase."

"Agreed."

"What do you mean by 'Agreed' huh?"

They were talking on who was checking out whom back at Ryan's house. It was a fact that Amara checked him out but Ryan too did it secretly. Back when they met for the first time at the Base, both of them coincidentally wore red and white. The second time, they wore blue and white. This was the third time they came to the base together. And this time they were wearing the 3 colours together. White shirt, blue jeans with red blazer. By the time they got out of the car, Fred was already present at the entrance looking at the scene, smiling. 'They look like a married couple.' Fred thought to himself and walked towards them. "Okay kids. Stop it now." As soon as they saw their boss, they stopped bickering and greeted him. "Boss." "What's it about?" "Boss, she says that I'm checking her out when in fact she was checking me out." "That's not true boss." Amara replied, glaring at Ryan. "That's the reason I called you kids. Come in now." As soon as they stepped into the Base, they turned serious.