Their lips met again and slowly her hand dropped, tracing his jaw to his neck, past his collarbone and down his shoulder. Under her finger, she felt a small bump, contrasting to the rest of the muscles in his back.

Breaking away, Ahsoka inhaled, feeling the gentle warmth of their bodies.

"What is it?" she asked, her finger running along the slight groove.

y/n raised an eyebrow, his scar rippling in the little rows of light that shone through from the window. He turned to face the wall and pushed the sheets down so that Ahsoka could see his back.

Under the dim light, she could make out the thin, faint outline of a number in Galactic Basic. They were the scratches he had received before entering the arena on Oon.

Ahsoka gently traced the scar, feeling strong muscle underneath, her mind momentarily dragged back to their time on the planet; the fight against the rancors, the escape from the slavers, then their sudden confessions.

"Why did they cut you?" she asked softly.

His voice was slightly muffled as he talked to the wall. "I don't know. I was probably the 66th one they threw into the arena. Also, this wall's lovely, but I miss seeing you."

She grinned and took her hand away from the 66 that was etched into his skin, allowing him to flip back around and face her.

Ahsoka nestled closer to him, finding the perfect nook in his embrace. She could hear the soft, steady rhythm of his heartbeat. Pulling her into his chest, y/n wrapped his arms around her and in response, she put her hand over one of his.

"You know," she began, the hint of smile in her voice, "This is my favourite place to be."

He smiled, heart swelling with warmth at her words, and pressed a kiss to her lekku.

Aayla was there. In the darkness, he could see her outline, becoming clearer and clearer. She was breathing hard, the familiar look of stubbornness and determination in her frown.

"y/n, we have to move out," she commanded, looking up at him. And he only realised then that he was perched up somewhere above her. As he was about to follow her order, he felt his muscles tense. When he tried to move, he couldn't.

A feeling of intense dread filled his chest and y/n looked down at Aayla, trying to form words, but nothing came out of his mouth.

Then, a red lightsaber thrummed to life in the darkness behind her. He tried to yell but everything was frozen in place. He could only watch as that something wielding the lightsaber stalked behind Aayla and slashed at her neck.

Somehow, she blocked, her blue blade appearing so fast that his eyes didn't see it. But before she could react again, a blaster shot pierced the silence.

y/n tried to move, again, but something held him there. He couldn't even close his eyes as Aayla fell to her knees, and then to the ground, a smoking hole through her back.

The darkness filled his senses again. It was a dream – no, a nightmare – or a vision, he was sure of it now. But that thought did nothing to ease the shock and fear after seeing Aayla's lifeless form below him, so real, whilst he was just there, helpless to save her.

 But that thought did nothing to ease the shock and fear after seeing Aayla's lifeless form below him, so real, whilst he was just there, helpless to save her