Chapter 64

Slowly, Yukiji turned her head towards the man who had addressed her. His skin color was slightly darker than hers. On his head was a strange white and black cap that looked puffy. Actually, he looked pretty good, but Yukiji found Zoro a lot more attractive.

Behind him stood a white bear, which also stared at her. A pet or was it like Chopper?

"It's not good for such a young woman to walk around here alone." the man who had told her earlier that the necklace wouldn't suit her spoke to her again.

"Firstly, this necklace isn't for me, it's for a friend. Secondly, it's none of your business." Yukiji immediately replied to everything and received an amused look from the man. Naughty guy!

Without even responding, Yukiji simply slammed a few berries on the table and ran off with the necklace. Whether she had paid too little or too much didn't matter to her at the moment.

"I just want to warn you, Yukiji of the Straw Hats." the man addressed her again, which was why she had stopped for a moment. It was clear that pirates would be recognized quickly. "And who do I have the pleasure of meeting?" she wanted to know and he smiled slightly at her.

"Trafelgar Law, also known as the surgeon of death." he said, which didn't bother Yukiji very much and continued walking. "Strange guy..."

"Oi!" he scolded and grabbed her wrist to make Yukiji stop. "How can you ignore me like that?" he asked coolly, narrowing his eyes slightly. "By wanting to keep shopping. There are so many things here that I don't know!" Yukiji grinned and raised her arms so high that she almost punched him.

Before she could speak any further, she heard some shouts from passers-by nearby. "What's going on?" she asked a little more seriously.

"That's a slave. He must have gotten away from the sky dragon people." Law explained, knowing that now was the time to move on. "I'll give you a tip. Don't get involved if you want to survive."

When Yukiji wanted to ask him something, Law and the polar bear had disappeared. Where had he gone? Why did he just disappear if there was human trafficking going on here? Was he afraid of the navy or something?

It nagged at Yukiji that she should help this slave. But her body and her conscience prevented her from doing so. She had promised Hacchi not to interfere. He hadn't said it in vain.

"I have to tell the others..." whispered the Vinsmoke who had turned away from the crowd and walked into someone. Her head slowly lifted when she saw a grinning man who was obviously up to no good.

Yukiji quickly reached behind her back to pick up her aikido staff and was immediately knocked over from the side and knocked to the ground. "Let go of me!" Yukiji began to shout and breathed in a strange scent that made her incredibly tired.

Before she could really fight back, her body collapsed and was unceremoniously touched by metal. "Guys...help me..."