Chapter 22

The sea breeze touched the face of Yukiji, who had now settled in very well here. Luffy's crew was chaotic but also funny and extraordinary. A huge difference to Sir Crocodile.

She had also spoken to Sanji after the meal and learned a lot about Zeff and the Baratie. She was glad to know that he had a new family, so to speak. Zeff seemed to have become very important to him. Even if he had attacked her former merchant ship.

"Youuu, Usopp?" Yukiji spoke as she went into his workroom and he was tinkering with something again. "Hm?" came from him intently, which is why Yukiji had moved closer.

"Nami said that you're pretty good at making things." she said to the dark-haired man, who looked up with a grin. "I'm the best!" A lie that Yukiji had simply accepted.

"Could you build me a weapon?" Yukiji now asked, holding out her drawing to him. Usopp looked at this drawing thoughtfully. "And what is it supposed to represent?"

"An aikido staff. Well, as good as one can be made. But the most important things should be integrated into it." Yukiji began to explain. "It should contain a fan, but one that is my height or even taller."

"Whaaat!? What do you want with such a monster fan!?" Usopp roared and looked at Yukiji with widened eyes. "I need a large area for the wind I can generate. It should be able to withstand a lot because I want to create the cherry blossoms with it." Yukiji explained calmly.

Usopp thought about her explanation for a moment. As she had said, she used the wind and the cherry blossoms, which were part of the devil fruit. "Can't you use your ability well enough as it is?" he asked.

"Yes, I can...but I don't want to let everyone know that I can move in the wind and even adapt like this." Yukiji murmured, stretching her arm out to the side and letting it slowly disappear. Small cherry blossoms remained in the air, which Yukiji was finally able to carry away.

"With my own weapon, I can bypass this part and deceive my opponents." she added, making her arm appear again. "Can you do it?"

Usopp, who had to blink at what he could see, nodded. "Count on me!"

Usopp didn't just say it. No, with Yukiji he had one more reason not to have to fight. If there was someone else strong in this crew, he could sit back and relax.

"Thank you very much, Usopp." smiled Yukiji, who would leave him alone again from here on.