Chapter 9

Panic broke out all over the ship when the pirates were announced. Yukiji and Nova tried to hold on under the deck. The violent swaying only made it more difficult, so the girls scrambled around.

The crates that the girls had attached were thrown around. They realized that it couldn't end well here. "Yukiji! Hold on somewhere!" shouted Nova from one side and was immediately flung away again.

Rainwater and seawater came down on them, which was not good at all. Yukiji, who was now near the stairs, felt her body change due to the water. Could it be that the water was her weak point?

"Get everything you can!" yelled a strange voice on the deck as footsteps could already be heard. Yukiji gulped as she saw a pair of dark stalks on the stairs heading in Nova's direction.

Trying to sit up as best she could, Yukiji grabbed the mop and took a swing. The wood broke when it reached the pirate's head, who turned around angrily.

"What are you doing?" the man asked. Swallowing, Yukiji staggered back. "Run, Yukiji!" Nova called out to her. However, the girl stood frozen. She couldn't leave Nova alone.

Her breathing quickened as the pirate raised a weapon. Yukiji's gray eyes flickered briefly. Was this the end of her today? Would he not have seen Nova if she hadn't?

"Where is the treasure hidden?" Yukiji was asked. What treasure? Gold? Silver? Diamonds? Or was he talking about the devil's fruit?

"I...don't know what you're talking about." Yukiji said, maintaining her friendliness. That's how she was taught. Always be polite and courteous. Show manners no matter who it was.

"No matter what!" the man exclaimed and raised his pistol. "If you don't tell me, I'll kill your little friend who's hiding back there."

"I..." Yukiji began to say. She didn't know where the crew had put the treasures. Well, somewhere in those boxes, but she didn't know exactly which ones.

"Don't tell him!" shouted Nova, who came out of her hiding place and had to hold on to a leash. This was her only chance to distract the pirate.

"Ah, so you do know where the treasure is." the man grinned and cocked his pistol. "If you value your lives, then do as I say." the man said.

"Oregano stains my soup! Keep your hands off it, you old geezer!" Yukiji heard from the wall next to her. So Sanji had also encountered a pirate.

"Somewhere...in these crates." Yukiji gave in and was looked at with narrowed eyes. "Nah, there you go." the pirate grinned and put his index finger on the trigger.

Yukiji automatically closed her eyes. She knew that it would do no good to use her fighting power now. Before Nova could call out to her, the outer wall shattered into a thousand pieces. A great flood of water poured into the lower deck where Yukiji, Nova and the pirate were.

A brief blackness spread through Yukiji as she came to the surface, gasping for air. Beneath her was a large piece of wood that had been carrying her body.

Tears flowed from her eyes as the girl watched two ships being swallowed up one by one. "No..." breathed the Vinsmoke who had stretched out her arm.

"Nova! Sanji!"