Chapter 21

Tears streamed from Yukiji's eyes as she realized that it was real. After nine years of believing her brother was dead, he was really standing in front of her. Unharmed and tall. Something she would never have believed and now found herself in his arms, unable to move.

It wasn't easy for Sanji either. For years he did his best to become a good cook, because Yukiji had always liked everything. Even if the soup hadn't been the best. His teeth were clenched as he pulled his little sister to his chest.

His chin rested slightly over her shoulder on his shoulder blade, since Yukiji wasn't exactly tall. Her pink hair tickled his cheek and nose as he moistened them with his tears. He had long since dropped his cigarette.

Some of the people in the room were even more confused than before. Others were slightly disturbed. Although, you couldn't blame anyone. As long as they had known Sanji, they knew that no woman would let him anywhere near her.

"I'm... confused..." Nami mumbled, the first to speak. Her gaze slid to Robin, who was the most composed of them all. Logically, she already knew Yukiji.

"Do...you know each other?" Luffy smacked his lips, who had been watching everything while eating and didn't really understand what was going on. Sanji, who had regained his composure, let go of Yukiji, wiped the tears from his face with his shirt and swallowed.

"She...she's my sister." he said and heard a loud bang. "She's supposed to be his sister!?" roared Zoro, who had already been distraught before. "She doesn't even have a ruffled brow like yours!"

Briefly confused by this, Yukiji looked at the already attractive young man before her eyes slid to Sanji and laughed tearfully. "What are you trying to say, you mossy pear!?"

Already annoyed by this, Nami rubbed the bridge of her nose. "So, what's the deal between you two?" asked Usopp. "What made you think you were both dead?"

"Yes, I want to know that too." Luffy mumbled. After all, he had heard everything earlier. "Yukiji was with me on the merchant ship that Zeff attacked." Sanji announced and lowered his gaze when Yukiji became sad.

"Her best friend was there too and that shipwreck separated us. As Zeff had said, all the members on both ships were dead. That's why I thought Yukiji and her best friend were also affected."

Yukiji lowered her head a little. He had pretty much hit the nail on the head. "Part of the ship saved me. Actually, it was just a wooden plank with which I drifted around at sea for days. At some point Sir Crocodile fished me out and I've been on his ship ever since, and then in Alabasta. Robin must have already told you that part."

"I see, but Chopper said something about cherry blossoms." Nami said, which made Chopper's eyes gleam again. He must love these blossoms. "I'm wondering about that too...", Sanji muttered, looking down at Yukiji. She was obviously very nervous now.

Robin had already said that Yukiji needed to gather some information. About the navy and about some pirates. Everything he needed for his plan.

"I don't remember exactly when it was. But certainly a few days after we were at sea. Nova, my best friend at the time, and I discovered a crate that should have been delivered to someone. Hm...well...it contained a shrub with two fruits on it. We jokingly called it something like a twin fruit. Out of curiosity, we...ate one each and then found out that it was a devil fruit." Yukiji said.

"Oh..." Sanji mumbled before he opened his eyes. "So you were the idiots who ate that fruit?!" he yelled, causing Yukiji to cover her ears. "Do you know how I got shat on by the captain?!"

"Yes..." the pink-haired girl mumbled, remembering it very well. "Sanji, calm down. She didn't know back then." Nami said, which gave the blonde heart eyes again. "Of course Nami-swuaaan" he now gushed and realized why he had never had the same reaction with Yukiji. His subconscious had given him a signal.

"Come join my crew!" Luffy demanded immediately. "Huh?" asked Yukiji, glaring at the straw hat. "We could use someone like you!"

"I don't know..." mumbled Yukiji uncertainly. "I don't think...that my wind and the cherry blossoms could help."

"Come on, don't be so modest!" grinned Nami. "You're welcome anyway. You must know that we're like family on this ship."

Yukiji looked again at Sanji, who had lit a cigarette. From the look on her face, he also felt very much at home here. Was he here to find the All-Blue?

"If you don't mind... then I'd like to join you..." she smiled now and heard a happy cheer from Luffy.