Chapter 42

Yukiji sat thoughtfully on her bed, which she had been given just like Robin. She didn't like sleeping in the hanging mats like the others. Nami's cabin was big enough for that, even if the shelves were a little smaller. But since Yukiji got on with the navigator anyway, it wasn't a problem. Well, she had freaked out a little earlier when Yukiji had snatched the newspaper. But it was also necessary, because what she had suspected was now in her hands.

Her wanted poster, which had probably been released to every marine. Like every pirate, it said 'alive' or 'dead', but in her case, all searchers would choose the word 'alive'. And why? Simple. If Yukiji was not taken to her father, there would be no money.

If the navy or a pirate hunter killed her, they wouldn't get any money either. And no one who needed that urgently wanted that. Had Nova also seen the wanted poster? She probably had.

"Are you all right?" she heard Chopper say as he went to check on her. He wasn't the only one who had noticed her behavior earlier.

"Not really..." Yukiji mumbled and bit her lip briefly. Her thoughts briefly turned to Sanji, who she was supposed to talk to first. However, Yukiji needed someone to talk to and Nova wasn't there. She could certainly trust Chopper, as he was also sworn to secrecy. So a doctor wasn't allowed to say anything to anyone.

"What's wrong?" Chopper wanted to know and jumped onto the mattress. "You...are under a confidentiality agreement, aren't you?" came her reassurance and saw Chopper nod. "Yes, as a doctor, I'm not allowed to reveal secrets if my patient doesn't want me to."

Yukiji exhaled softly and simply held out the wanted poster to Chopper, who looked at it and widened his eyes. "165,000,000 Berry!?" Chopper almost shouted, had Yukiji not pressed her hand over his mouth so that no one would come here.

After Chopper had calmed down, Yukiji also took her hand away and drew her legs up thoughtfully. "Zoro already knows too. Maybe the others know now too, but only he has seen the wanted poster." Yukiji said. From then on, she also told Chopper what had happened a few hours ago. 

Chopper briefly freaked out when he heard about Zoro's behavior and made Yukiji blush slightly. A sight that was only briefly visible. But enough for Chopper to understand. "I won't tell Sanji anything." he smiled and got a slight laugh. "That's not really the point, Chopper." Yukiji said honestly and held out his arm.

"Do you see these small and fine scars?" Chopper nodded. "I already saw them after Alabasta." he admitted and had never spoken to her about it before. Why would he? Yukiji didn't trust her yet. Besides, it was nobody's business.

"They're from my father." Yukiji explained to the reindeer and was looked at again with wide eyes. She had decided to tell Chopper the whole truth.