Chapter 15

"Who's that?!" asked a young girl who was perhaps only six years old. Her hair reached slightly over her shoulders and was partly tied up. Her dress was a beautiful white with a few pink spots. Just as it should be for a princess.

"Your servant." replied her father, who had looked at her with a stern expression. Observing this, the servant stood almost in between and recognized the princess's slightly twitching eye.

"I don't want a servant!" the girl shouted loudly, which hurt the servant a little. She wasn't exactly behaving in a friendly manner, neither as she should.

"I don't care about that! She'll keep an eye on you, Yukiji, and you'll have to accept it!" came promptly from the man who was her father. "But I don't want to!" Yukiji replied and simply ignored her servant, who had lowered her head. This girl was stubborn, no question about it.

"This girl has no family and needs money. She is and will remain your servant, whether you like it or not." her father said before finally disappearing.

In the princess's room, the servant felt extremely uncomfortable. She knew that Yukiji didn't like her, perhaps even hated her. In her hands, the slightly older girl held a tray with food and tea which was pressed into her hands by a cook.

"Do you want...tea?" she asked Yukiji, who had now looked at her. "I don't want a servant!" she shouted again. The black-haired woman swallowed briefly and placed the tray on the table. If she needed money, then she had to do her job. For that reason alone, she simply poured the tea.

"I said I didn't want a servant!" Yukiji yelled and knocked the teapot out of the girl's hands. Shocked by this, the girl fell to the floor and looked up into the gray eyes which held slight tears.

"I don't want a servant to do everything for me! I want to do my own things and get them myself!" Yukiji began to shout. Words that touched the black-haired girl. She was not as she had initially thought.

"There shouldn't be people who have to do things for me because they're told to! I want to be able to decide for myself! And I don't want anyone to be called a servant just because they do other work!"

Yukiji almost started crying as she explained her behavior. Although she was so young, she wanted other people to be able to decide for themselves.

"I don't want a servant, I want a friend!" the girl cried now. As a princess, she had probably never really made any friends. "I don't want you...as my servant! I...I want you...as a friend!"

The girl's blue eyes widened at this moment. Tears gathered in them, which could not be held back. "I...I'm Nova...Nova Adysson." The older girl now introduced herself and bit her lips lightly.

With a tearful and questioning look, Yukiji looked down at her. Her lips quivered slightly, which had formed into a grin. A stubborn girl who would probably always stick to her opinion.

"Pleased to meet you! I'm Yukiji Vinsmoke!"