Chapter 93

An entire house collapsed as Yukiji crashed through the façade and the lightning shattered everything into small pieces. Dust was stirred up again, which was slow to dissipate.

"Yukiji!" could be heard from Nova and Zoro, who had not expected this attack. Did he have a devil fruit, or had he manipulated his genes so that he could use such lightning?

Small pieces of stone could be heard rolling down from the rubble. In the middle of the dust swirl stood Yukiji, who managed to pull herself together. Her staff held the Vinsmoke tightly in her hand and lightly blew strands of hair out of her face that had come out of her up-tied braid.

So her father had really dared to use this skill? He usually used his fists or the spear itself. He was happy to use any means to win. But not with her. No one in her family except Sanji knew about her devil power. But whether she could use it against lightning was questionable.

Wind and lightning were two elements that actually belonged together. Just like the water, which was tossed about in a storm. The wind set the dark clouds in motion, which triggered the thunder and lightning. It was actually against nature when the wind and lightning fought each other. Her father could make the cherry blossoms burn.

All the dust covered Yukiji for the time being. She clenched her teeth slightly angrily before she started to move quickly again and opened her fan. Lunging out and composing the dust with her wind, Yukiji hurled everything at her father with full force, who had to squint his eyes slightly to avoid getting anything in his eyes.

In the next moment, however, Yukiji was already in front of him again and took a swing with her staff so that the fan couldn't get anything. Using the physical strength Yukiji had gathered from the genetic manipulation, she struck the staff against his head, causing Jajji to fall to one side, but he was able to catch himself quickly.

To prevent him from attacking with his spear, Yukiji struck again. Again and again and each time with all the strength she could muster. It didn't always work, because her father managed to hold his spear in front of him and make it strike as well.

Spear met staff, over and over again, which was a danger for the people nearby. They had to take cover when the pressure waves reached them or the fighters themselves.

"Ahahaha!" laughed Jajji as the weapons clashed again and he could look directly into his daughter's gray eyes again. "You've eaten a devil fruit! That's better than I expected!"

So he was pleased that Yukiji had another weapon besides genetic manipulation. Something that made Yukiji think emotionally. How could a father be happy about having created a pure weapon? She was his youngest daughter.

What would her long-dead mother think if she heard and realized this? Yukiji was not even eight years old when her mother died. She had lasted a little longer after her birth than expected. Her mother, who bore him as these children, who became lab rats and strengthened him as a great king.

"I'm glad to hear that, Yukiji." "You have probably become the biggest and best experiment of them all. If I've won here, which is the case, then I'm happy to gain more power with you."

It was almost a whisper that came out of his mouth. Words that Yukiji could hear quite well. Just like Nova, who could hear everything through her hearing fruit. Yukiji wasn't finished yet, so why was Jajji already talking about a victory?

"Ahhhh!!!" was heard from Yukiji, who was now surrounded by strong lightning that had enveloped her body. Not giving in, the Vinsmoke still stood on her feet and fought against his ability.

Unfortunately, Jajji intensified his lightning, causing Yukiji to fall to the ground and sit on her knees, trembling with the lightning all around her.