Chapter 59

There was no time to take a deep breath until the cheering sounded. Another opponent had appeared and Nami had encountered him. According to her story, he belonged to the samurai like Moria. Bartholomew Kuma, the Thyrann as he was also known. He could simply make someone disappear with his bare hand. At least that's what Nami had been told.

"I see...no witnesses..." said Kuma, who had suddenly found himself in the crowd and had reached out with his hand. A large shock wave arose, which threw several pirates away. "He...didn't even...touch them."

Yukiji hadn't even blinked when Kuma had disappeared again and was now behind Zoro. The latter froze briefly before turning around.

"Yukiji, get out of here!" yelled Sanji, who was about to intervene. No, she couldn't leave. Not without her friends.

A cough overtook the Vinsmoke as she tried to stand up. She had no strength to use her devil power. Today she just felt helpless. While everyone was fighting Kuma and doing their best, she was just sitting here.

Just as the eighteen-year-old was about to stand up, another shockwave reached the entire plain. Everyone was thrown back, buried and badly injured. That included pretty much everyone. Luffy would be a big help right now if this one finally woke up.

Gasping, Yukiji pushed herself up from the ground. Several scratches adorned her body, which began to bleed as a result. Breathing was difficult due to her closed airways. Chopper would probably have to give her another strong medication later to heal everything.

"Let Luffy live and take mine." she heard Zoro's voice as he sat down. "What kind of friend would I be if I can't even protect my captain?"

He wasn't serious! There was no way Zoro could just sacrifice himself! The feelings inside Yukiji filled her with strength. None of her friends were allowed to die, not even the man she loved.

"Stop!" came out of her mouth as Yukiji had brought herself in front of Zoro with the wind. "Yu...Yukiji..." Zoro swallowed when he saw the pink-haired woman standing in front of him. Whereby, she rather swayed.

"Take...my life instead of his." Yukiji gasped, aware of what that would mean for her. Kuma looked down at her questioningly. He knew her face, her name.

"So you're Yukiji who was taken advantage of by Sir Crocodile and is wanted." he said, remaining fairly calm. "Do you know that he has a daughter?" Kuma asked, which didn't really interest Yukiji.

"And if, that's...the past." Yukiji said and had to pull himself together not to fall over in front of Zoro. "Hm, even if it is Nova Addyson?" asked Kuma, which made Yukiji freeze. No, there was no way Nova was that Crocodile's daughter!

Just as Kuma was about to start again, another person stood in front of him. "Leave those two and take my life." Sanji said. "She...is my sister and under no circumstances will I let her die."

"But..Sanji...", Yukiji breathed and almost started to cry again. "Tell the others that they have to find a new cook." Sanji asked the two and felt a punch in his side the next moment. "You...filthy...guy..." he gasped and looked into Zoro's eyes before he hit the ground.

Breathing heavily, Zoro stood with his swords in front of the prone Sanji. His eyes turned to Luffy, who would probably kill him now. "Yukiji!"

Yukiji looked at the swordsman attentively. He didn't really want to sacrifice himself now. "Zoro, under no circumstances will you..." she began to say and was interrupted when the hilt of a sword reached her stomach. Eyes wide, Yukiji stared at the hilt before she coughed loudly and finally landed on Zoro's chest.

He had gently grabbed Yukiji by the back of her neck after the punch and pulled her head towards him so that she didn't end up on the ground like Sanji. His mind had long been made up, even though he thought it was incredibly brave of her to sacrifice herself for him.

"Forgive me, Yukiji." he said quietly so that she might hear. "Your life is more important than mine." he admitted and lightly grabbed her pink hair before he pressed a kiss to the top of her head out of pure inner emotion and laid her body on the ground.