Chapter 61

Two days had passed since the incident with the Thriller Bark. Yukiji hadn't spoken to Zoro since then, nor had he spoken to her. It had obviously been a strange feeling and behavior for both of them.

Chopper had got the fever under control quite well, which everyone in the crew was glad about. And just as Yukiji had thought, Chopper had given her a mighty good shitting as a doctor. After a few cherry blossoms, his anger was blown away.

Brook, who officially became a new member, sang around happily every day. The whole mood had changed quite a bit since then. Yukiji could see more fun and often laughed along when Brook told another joke.

When she learned about his past, she was quite touched. Especially when the name La Boum came up. A big whale that the Straw Hats had seen in the Red-Line. It was nice to hear what they had all experienced on their journey.

Something that was not really nice for Yukiji. She was in Alabasta at that very time, just like Robin, who gave her a quick glance. Actually, Yukiji wanted to forget everything from there. But Bear, as she called Kama because of her looks, had brought it all back.

Had that been a lie about Nova? As far as Yukiji knew, her father had found her on the street. Nova had no parents, or so she said at the time. Nova had only mentioned once that she had grown up in an orphanage and had tried to run away.

Actually, Nova would have had plenty of opportunities to do so. Yukiji, however, thought it was a good thing that she became her servant. For the first time, Yukiji had a best friend with whom she could laugh and talk.

Well, Nova had often shouted at her when she had done something stupid again. The black-haired girl had not lost this quality to this day. Her punches were just as hard as they used to be.

But what would she say if she found out that Sir Crocodile was her father? He was one of the nine samurai and had certainly been taken to the navy headquarters. Perhaps he would soon have his execution. Does Sir Crocodile even know about a daughter? He never seemed to Yukiji as if he had any family.

And if so, how did Bear know anything about it? Had he gathered any information? After all, Nova had been a member of the navy for a long time and possessed devil powers. Perhaps Bear had simply wanted to know who this woman was.

"Hey! There's a little island up ahead!" Yukiji heard Luffy shout, which is why she was brought out of her thoughts and looked at the spot on the sea. That with Nova would have to wait now. As soon as Yukiji saw her again, she would tell her best friend what she had received from Bear.