He reached the first one, a Rodian, whose eyes widened as he saw y/n approach. The Rodian lifted his blaster but it was already too late. y/n grabbed his opponent by the collar and slammed him against the wall. The blaster and the unconscious body thumped to the floor.

There was chaos within the enemy's ranks now. A few of them tried to run, exiting from wherever they had entered from.

y/n reached out with the Force and lifted them into the air. In the darkness, there was the sound of gasping and choking. He narrowed his eyes, debating, and after a second or two, dropped them unceremoniously back onto the ground. None of them were dead.

Orange yellow light filled the space again as Ahsoka located the work lamp and turned it on. The walls and much of the broken equipment were peppered with burns from the blaster bolts. About two dozen bodies were slumped on the ground, most injured but a few dead.

y/n whipped around as he heard running. One of the attackers that he had picked up had gotten to his feet and was trying to escape. Reaching out, he stopped and pushed the escapee down to the ground with the Force.

It was a Trandoshan, his tongue flickering in and out of his mouth with unease as the Jedi approached.

"Who do work for?" Ahsoka demanded.

"We were all hired mercenariesss," the Trandoshan replied.

"Pfft, bad ones, too," y/n scoffed.

The Trandoshan snarled at him, and he growled back as a joke, but obviously frightened, the mercenary didn't engage.

"We asked you who you work for," y/n repeated firmly.

"I don't know. Sssome Neimodian from the Trade Guild?"

"You mean Trade Federation?"

"Ah, yesss. That. Nuke Gutlay or sssome other."

Ahsoka and y/n looked at each other.

"So Nute Gunray organised this?" she frowned, turning away from the Trandoshan to converse with y/n. "What are the chances he and his cronies planned the agrirobot malfunctions? And then tried to stop us as soon as he discovered the Republic was interfering with his plan?"

"I mean, with a breakdown of Kasegna's agricultural activities, their economic and political situations are going to be rocky. It would be a perfect opportunity for the Trade Federation to step in and offer 'help'," y/n nodded. "Plus, we don't know if the Seppies are behind this."

Ahsoka turned to the Trandoshan again. "Where did your reinforcements come from?"

The mercenary eyed her with unease, his tongue flickering in and out. "I don't give information for free."

y/n gave a snort and looked ready to beat up their attacker, but didn't move to fight. The Trandoshan looked at him with narrowed eyes, and only then spotted the scar on the Jedi's face. The mercenary looked back at the Togruta, who was glaring at him with her arms crossed, her two lightsabers hanging from her belt like a direct threat.

"Fine. There'sss a hidden door jussst to my right."

The Jedi's gaze turned to the wall, and they could sense the presence of a passage behind it, as well as a hidden lever that would lead into the space. But now that they were looking for hidden doors, they sensed another opening, this one underneath the mech floor.

"Where's Gunray and his cronies now, by the way?" y/n questioned.

"They left onccce they gave the order to ssstage the ambush."