Chapter 1

Gauravi's POV

Parking my car on the porch, weariness settled in after enduring a marathon of duty hours covering for a colleague. Longing for the solace of sleep, my anticipation shifted abruptly upon entering our home, where a symphony of aromas enveloped the air, the whole house was bursting with aromas of different delicacies.

Tami (Gautami) and Sri ( Sri Nidhi) were arranging fresh flowers in the vases while Chachi orchestrated household tasks. Everyone was busy.

" Hey, what is going on? " I inquired.

" Di, Mihir Jiju and his family are coming for the dinner. " Sri revealed.

" All of a sudden? On a weekday?"  I queried.

" Gautam Bhai called up to tell us that Mehul Bhai, Megha ji,  Mihir,  Mahi, and Ron are coming for dinner. " Chachi replied with a broad smile.

Exhaustion and irritation clashed within me. " But why? I am so tired, almost dead on my feet, I just wanted to eat something and sleep. " 

Chachi, teasingly optimistic, declared," Oh, c'mon dear, you will be as fresh as a flower as soon as you see Mihir. "

Protesting my fatigue, I just rolled my eyes. Tami just smiled and went to the kitchen.

" There is nothing like that... I really want to sleep. "

" But you can't go and get ready. They will be here in half an hour. "  Chachi said.

" Chachi... "

" No arguments... " I engaged in futile arguments until Siddh and Chachu walked in carrying many bags. They both smiled at me.

" Oh, my god, Gauravi, you are looking like horrible. Go and get ready or we will have to call that idiot Vihaan (her friend and cardiologist ) to save Mihir. "  Siddh said.

" Shut up! You go and see your face in the mirror. I look good in any condition."  I said making a face.  Everyone burst out laughing.

" Siddh, don't say anything to my princess, or I will beat you. "  Chachu said hugging me.

" Dad, this is not fair, you always take her side. "  Siddh said with fake anger.

" But dad, how can you beat Bhai, he is a boxing champion. Only Bade Papa can beat him, after all, he taught boxing to Bhai. "  Sri said with a smile.

" I can still beat him as I am his dad. " chachu said. Just then Mom came out of the kitchen.

"  Great! Everyone is here. Have you got everything I asked you to get, Siddh? "  Mom asked.

"Ji! "

" Good, not go and freshen up both of you. Gauravi, go and take a bath.  Shruti, since you are ready, please  give them some snacks and tea, I will go and get ready." Mom said to Chachi. She nodded with a smile.

" Tami, go and change... " Mom said to my younger sister Gautami( Tami)

" Why do I need to change, Mom, they are not coming to meet me. I am fine, as it is I have a lot of work, I have to submit my project tomorrow, so I will stay in my room."  She said and went away before Mom could argue.

" This girl is always busy. " Mom shook her head and said.

" Mom, I need to talk to you. " I said.

" Later on... I have to be ready before your dad and Shahs come. I am sweating after making so many things. " She said and rushed to her room.

" Go get ready... " Chachi pushed me to my room.

Why the hell didn't Mihir say anything to me? Why are they coming to our place?