❄Freezing Vergil❄

The ground was slippery. It was colder than 30 min ago. Vergil and  I walked quietly down the streets. He would glance at me every so often.

My boots began to slide, causing me to almost do the splits on the icy street. Vergil's eyes widen as he reaches a hand out grabbing me kinda roughly by the arm. Still, it stopped me from doing anything painful.

I breathed out a sigh. easily he picked me up off the ground and placed me a couple steps backwards. Right at his side.

"It's dangerous, stay here." He muttered.

"R-right..." Ahead of us, I could see demons skidding across the icy, their claws rendering them useless. It was kinda funny to see, but they were sliding towards us.

"Halt." Spoke the icy cold demon.

With a graceful slide of his Yamato. Vergil cut the demons that were inches away from us. His Yamato's blade glinting in the dim moonlight.

"Pathetic..." He said as he sheathed the sword. I stopped walking. Making Vergil stop and look at me with his eyebrows furrowed. I wasn't that tired, but my feet were getting sore, and my nose was a bit cold too.

Was this ice Vergil's doing? or nature just timed it too well?

"Did you make the street ice?"

Vergil's eyebrows twisted more. He spoke calmly. "In the beginning yes, but this...is not my doing. It is just the side effect, and nature itself."

I moved my feet across the ice. "C-care..ful." Vergil muttered, fearing I could knock my teeth out on the ice.

"If you are not moving....I will have no choice but to remove you..."

"Huh?" I looked at him confused. Without any more warning, Vergil stepped over to me, grabbed me from my legs, and swung me up onto his shoulder. I let out a squeak of slight fear. "V-Vergil Vergil..w-wait what are you! ddooing...???" I gasped.

Now I was quite far off the icy ground with my face hanging down from Vergil's shoulder.

"Mhf. Chilled to the bone I see." He huffed disappointed, he could just tell the cold was beginning to bother me.

"We...need to work on this." *cough* I wheezed.

'If you did really hate me, or not trust me. you would have hit me or yelled at me like once before.' Vergil told himself, a light smile appeared on his face. He kept an even decent light hold on me and steadily walked to his home. He remembered the day he kneeled before ____, during a demon attack.

(Inside Vergil's home)

We just got inside 2 seconds ago, and Vergil was still carrying me around on his shoulder.

"Vergil..."

he stopped walking.

"Let me go."

"......." he said nothing.

"Vergil...drop me...now."

"........................." I could feel his shift a bit.

"Drop me now, Vergil."

Slowly Vergil picked me up and placed me down on my feet. I had a painful stiff feeling in me now, for being stuck upside down for so long.

My stomach dropped seeing the puppy-like face on him. Worried I was upset at him for what he did.

 Worried I was upset at him for what he did

"Now I will go take a bath. Later."

"O.kay.." He muttered watching me leave him once again.

'She seemed more tense than usual. Muscle pain?' Vergil couldn't help but wonder when he picked me up in the street why I flinched so much as if I was in a bit of pain or something else.

He spent so much time with work and leaving me home alone, that he forgot to even ask how ____'s day was.

'Unless....no impossible..'

He had to make a call. Vergil went into his room and turned on his laptop.

 Vergil went into his room and turned on his laptop