The Devil Who Teaches

Phone rings

*bbbbring!*

My eyes shot open. It was about 30 min. I was still alone down here. What should I do? 

*BBRING!* The phone rang again even louder!

"Uuuu should I answer it?" 

*BBBBRRRINNG!* I swore it got louder each time. Where was Dante? can't he hear the phone.

"DANTE!! PHONE!!" I let out a shout.

Still nothing. I facepalmed. " Seriously the hell??"

*BRRRING!*

Taking in a deep breath, I slammed my hands on the phone. 

"Devil May Cry." I answered. Well, I was in the spotlight now, no going back.

"Oh you're not Dante." The voice of a man came through the other end. "Ah, he's not here at the moment. Told  me to watch the phone."

"Hmm, I see. I assume you know him well?" 

"Yes, and his friends," I replied still wondering what to do.

"Haha alright then. Pass down a message to him. I have a job for him, I will be dropping by today."

"Sure, I will." My voice went up. 'Finally a job!'

"Great, nice to meet you, miss." With that, the man hung up. I put down the phone, excitement flooded my mind. I almost fell off the chair. "I-I need to go find Dante!" Right now. I slipped off the chair running up the stairs, my boots thundering all the way up.

"Hey Dante, where are you?"  I called out. No reply.  There weren't too many rooms up here. "Hey Dante!!" I called louder. I heard a loud thud coming from a room. 

"Dante you here? Omg Dante Come out seriously." A small whimper came from a room to my right. "Ugh, where's the fire?" It was him. "Dante!" I followed his voice, running to his room.

There he was laying on the ground, without his leather jacket on. "Oh, hey..what's up?" He blinked from the ground. "You were sleeping?" I blinked. Did he fall off the bed? "Y-yehhh.. I was sorry did you need anything?" I walked in looking down at the man with my hands on my hips ." Seriously! I thought you left me here too alone! And yes your phone rang, I tried calling you. BU you never answered!" My voice rose a bit too high, it was coming out like I was upset. Dante furrowed his eyebrows, a bit worried. "Woah.., wait what where are the others?" Dante sat up. 

"Gone, for now." I crossed my arms.

"Who was on the phone?" He was almost afraid to ask. "A man called Morrison said he is coming by later." Dante's eyes widen. "A job!" I nod, with my hands still crossed. " Well excuse me for trying to help when you ignore me." I was about to walk out when he reached out and grabbed my hand. "Wait."

"What." I said a bit frustrated. He pulled back on my arm, turning back I walked to his form that now sat on his bed. " I'm sorry bout that, I should have helped you when you called." He patted a spot next to him. I let out a sigh." Finne..., I'm not mad." Man, he had a soft bed. " You must be tired..from that duel." I nod, averting my eyes while Dante's eyes study me. He reached out an arm to my shoulder, pulling me to the side, to rest against his shoulder. "Mh." I squeaked in surprise. " You can rest here if you want, I'll take care of the rest." Dante was wearing the cologne I bought him. It smelt really nice on him. "Dante..um my spine hurts a bit. I didn't want to be mean to Vergil." "Oh shoot, should check that. Damn that Vergil I even told him to be careful." He rubbed the side of my arm.

"Here...I'll lay on my stomach then, I just wanna know if it's bad." Sure, I can do that." Dante stood up, while I lay down on my stomach, feeling the soft sheet on my face. "Comfy?" I smiled lightly. "Yes." "Good, you deserve it. Here let's see what's bothering you." I slid up my shirt a tiny bit. "Hmm, yup a bit blue and black. I could tape a warm patch pack on it if you want?"

"Sure." With my answer, Dante began to place it on my back. Dante slid my shirt back down. "There that should do it, I'll be done stairs if you need anything." Dante waited to see if I had anything else to say. "Nero..he said he was going to bring me tea. Send him up here if he comes back." I mumbled. "Alright kiddo, here just rest then. Go on get comfy." With a kind gesture, Dante pulled the red sheets up over me, then he placed Vergil's coat on top. The one I wore ever since the day he gave it to me. Dante walked out of the room, letting me rest, awaiting Morrison for our next mission. 'Rest up____, because you might not be able to for a while properly.' He told himself.

As I dozed off thoughts of me fighting with them flooded my mind, on how fun that would be. Only if they got along. 

Dante walked down the stairs of his office thinking to himself. ' Wonder what ___ would think of knowing that my brother once cast out his human side once. Heh..V and her would have made good friends.'

He took a seat at his desk, leaning back, and putting his feet up. Waiting till sometime happened. Dante was itching to go do something.

- To Be Continued❄🌹