Can't I Have My Coffee In Peace!?

We sat down at a table inside, there was a window next to Dante.

"Hi, can I take your order?" The waiter came up to us.

"Waffles with ice cream, and a coffee please."

'Really Dante? ice cream in the morning? haha he's a child at heart.'

"I uh will have this sandwich here and a green tea." I pointed at the menu. This probably going to be my last meal for a while.

(10 min later)

Dante and I were having our food and drinks. We kept it quiet and didn't talk much. It was the time for us to empty our heads from doubt. Doubt did not belong on the battlefield.

I took a bite of my sandwich and set the last little part back on the plate. I lifted my cup up to my lips to drink my tea. My eyes only glanced out the window past Dante's head.

I see a demon scurry across the road. My breath hitches inside me. Dante looks up at my reaction. "What's wrong sunshine?" He playfully said. I only slowly pointed my finger out the window, while I kept the mug at my lips to keep myself together.

Dante was in mid-sip of coffee and turned to look where I was pointing. We see two more demons scurry by. Dante's eyes widen, as he suddenly spits his coffee out almost hitting me with it.

"D-DAnte..! my god careful." I crinkled my nose up. He sets the mug down and right away pulls money out of his pocket, placing on the table he right away gets up. Motioning to me.

"Things are about to get messy."

"Ugh..gross you spat coffee on me." 'Least Vergil had more manners than to spit coffee at me.'

"Let's go sunshine." I only shook off his words and followed after him. It was time to kick demon ass.

The waiter only watches us leave, seeing the extra money on the table. Dante overpaid them. Maybe this was a way to tell them to enjoy it now because maybe later they won't.

"Woohoo hey ugly!" Dante shouts at the demons. The gross red gemstone bug demons look at us annoyed as they charge. "Run!" Dante grasps my arm yanking me after him.

"W-WAH HEY!? Dante!"

"We need to get them away from the town!" Dante began to run so fast that I was lifted up off my feet from the speed, there was no point in me trying to run. He was going demonic fast.

"Dante I think we are fare enough don't you think so?!" I tried to shout over the sound of rushing wind. Suddenly he slams the brakes. Causing me to smack up against him.

"Feww...finally."

He summons his large lava-looking sword and aims it down to the oncoming demons. "Here catch! get ready, just remember training." Dante tosses me my sword. "OH! so that's where it went, you had it hidden."

"Yup. My weapons are a bit too heavy for you, maybe not the guns though."

The demons were inches away from us and Dante began to dance in his own way starting to slash at the creatures. Blood sprayed all around us. I had no choice but to defend myself.

"Hya!" I lunged forward and cut them down bit by bit. Their weren't even that many, we thought we were done, but suddenly pools of red showed up below our feet.

"Move! there is more coming!" I looked down realizing there was a blood pool below me. "Crap!" I jumped towards Dante slightly grossed out from the blood splashing onto my pants legs.

"Uhh...,Dante...?" I looked at the devil hunter for help.

"Yeah...we may be here a while."

"There are so many of them!" Tons of them suddenly started teleporting in, I had no time to count them. Some Empusa Queens too. I hated those demons they disgusted me, then I saw the ones that looked like reapers.