❄Vergil's Work Days❄ Part 3

(Vergil at work)

I was so tired.. I felt woozy still. Dante my apparent boss gazed at me from the corner of the room. It was unbecoming to see me in this state.
"Latte," I muttered and stood up praying the phone didn't ring while I made my drink.

I pushed the button on the machine and waited to fill up the mug Dante had to use. I glanced at the phone. 'Don't you dare ring...' I looked back at the cup.

*BRRING!* Suddenly the phone rang and rang. annoyed as he was Vergil launched himself at the phone, practically flying across the room. And grabbed the phone.

"DEvil..May Cry." He tried not to sound like he was running at the phone. Meanwhile, his eyes were on the coffee machine, it was going to overflow soon.

He was going to have such a fun day.

( Reader/Me POV)

"Morning ____! Oh what you got there?" she looked at the box in my hand.

Nero smiled at me, waiting patiently. " This may come as a surprise but Vergil baked this berry cake. I thought we could try it."

"What?? he made that cake?" Nero was shocked.

"Yes." I replied

"When?" He asked again.

"Last night I assume"

"Sweet! let's eat it then. Then we go!"

After enjoying the surprisingly quite good cake Vergil made. We were off to some demon hunting. "We had a request put in about clearing demons out of hotel rooms and the area. After past events, with V and Vergil. The people who were left alive seemed to learn that there were actual demon hunters to help." Nico explained.

I sat in the front seat of the van because Nero was nice enough. "Now, we can make more money."

"Sounds good, I can't wait to try."

"Careful..___. Sure you can fight."

"I know I know. Broken nose pft. Nero you are like Vergil sometimes."

Nico glanced at Nero in the back. The man's eyes were wide. "Uuhh...ooooh." Nico muttered.

"Ah.. sorry. Nero

"Never mind that." Nero pushed aside what I said. "Do you have your sword Vergil got you?"

"Yes."

"The necklace he gave you?" Nero asked.

"Well, I kind of don't want to wear it, because it can notify him if something happens.

Nico parked the van for us by the hotel's doorway.

"Well, I got something else for you. I made this little knife. It's a lot lighter than the sword it could help."

"Thanks Nico." (You can pick what you want the knife to look like)

Nero picked up his giant sword and signaled me to follow. "Everyone is gone, so don't have to worry about others being in the way."

( Meanwhile at Dante's office)

"Hey Vergil." The one rare time Trish talks to the man. The man lifts his head up slowly from his client book.

"Trish...?" He speaks.

"Is ____ in any need of clothing..?"

Vergil furrowed his brows a bit. "Not that I know of..seems alright."

"Really...how many sets does she have?"

"..enough to live in and hunt it."

Lady sighed a bit.

"Are you suure she doesn't need more clothing??"

"What are you implying? That I treat my partner poorly?" Vergil was confused by why they were even asking about this, he was busy with work.

Lady stepped in. "Nope, but come on Vergil. Another new set won't hurt. Especially when fighting."

"Look I'll even help." Trish offers. Vergil instantly feared for the fashion sense that women who looked like his mother had.

"Noo.. thank you.. your clothing choices do not suit. Now let me work."

"Pft, relax I know leather well. It will look great trust me.." Trish tries to reason with him.

"..... fine but not until I inspect it myself, To See If It WorkS..!"

"You can count on us." Lady smiles.

'..Do I really treat _____ poorly? I do not understand.'