How To Become A Ghost Part 3

V was sitting reading a new book he bought, it was a book ___ would have liked. Why was he doing this? He didn't really understand it either. The book was about mystical animals and beings. Being part devil or demon when he's Vergil he understood that more than any normal human. Some of these beings were real.

'She must have gotten the letter by now. I just hope it wasn't too much. I guess only some time can repair damage.'

Then it hit him. " Griffin I need you." V summoned his large blue bird. " I need a favour, please check on her for me. Just don't be seen, all I wish to know is if she is at least happy."
" Ahh V are you sure that isn't going against what Dante said?"

"Well it's not me looking, now go.. do this swiftly please."
"Alright, then boss." The bird chirped and flew out the window.

( Inside Nero's Home)

I was gonna go for a little walk around the block. While I dragged the keys, and put my shoes on. I looked down at the letter V sent me. I picked it up, but still, I didn't reply to it.

During this time I didn't notice that Griffon was looking at me through the window just as V asked him. I set the letter down. "Not just yet... I'm not ready to reply." I said. With that, I exited the house. Griffon quickly flew away before I could spot him.

'Yup I have seen enough, no more snooping..man V you are such a child.' Griffon told himself.  

(The day of the mission)

My phone vibrated as I packed my things. Living in Nero's home was pleasant. I rested as much as I could.

Dante: Hey! I am about to come pick you up. Hope you are ready.

I read the text but didn't reply, he was still going to come here.

20min later Dante showed up with his leather bag packed, I was shocked to see another figure standing behind him. It was non other than V.

"I know... I know. He begged me to let him see you off."
V stood there a bit shy, unsure of how to speak to me. It was a week since we last spoke and even met.

He walked over to me, using his cane to balance himself. He was only a few inches away when his cane hit a rock. Making him stumble forward. I wasn't heartless to let him fall on his face. So I reached out my arms to catch him.
"Ugh..!" He shouts in surprise. The sudden impact of weight makes me fall backwards. Making me land on my butt. My body keeping V from getting hurt. I paid the price of getting crushed by a full-grown man. He may be thin, but it did kinda hurt.

"Uhh..that was unexpected." Dante scratched his head, watching if I was gonna yell at him or what.

"..I...did not think.., that this would...H-happen." V muttered in absolute confusion and embarrassment.

I looked at Dante with shock written all over my face. What do I do now? V was looming over me, still trying to pick the pieces of his mind up. Instead of lashing out, I was soo confused. My hands just lay there outstretched on the ground. V lifted himself up slowly and placed a hand on his jaw.

'Oh my god did her hurt his jaw?' It almost made me laugh.

It was like he was checking it he broke his nose of something. When he fell, he managed to toss the cane far out of his reach. I could only hear Griffon laughing his ass off at this. V sat back on his knees, looking down at me. both our faces were a small shade of reddish tint under our hair. His dark emerald eyes looked at me in a shy manner. Checking to see if I was injured.

"I...apologize..for that unseemly action. I thank you for...breaking my fall."

I put both my hands on the ground and pushed myself backwards on the ground. When I was a couple of inches back from him. I sat up. We glanced at each other, processing what else to say. I felt a slight sting on my back. I must have bruised it. 

"...w-well...I'm not heartless...to let you...fall." I muttered softly. A tiny smile hit the corner of his lips. That was the first time I said anything to him in a week.

"Are, you unharmed  d-?" He tried to ask. 'Did he almost just call me a doll? like he does when he is Vergil'

"I will be fine.." I noticed V was searching for his cane, we spot it a couple of meters away. I pick myself up and walk up to the silver cane. Trying to ignore the sting in my back, I reached down to pick it up.

V watched me with his soft emerald eyes as I picked up his important item. I walked over to V and stood a few inches away from him. He picked himself up and dusted off his coat. I hand the cane back to him.

"Thank you." I nod to him a bit.

"Nice nice, but I'm sorry to break this up. We need to go ____."

"Safe travels," V said while noticing I was wearing both necklace gemstones he gave me. One from him as Vergil, the other from his human self.

Dante was about to shoo me away with him. I looked at V. Did I really want it to end like this? Who knew how long I was gonna be gone,

I reached an arm awkwardly out, and place it around his back, giving him a half hug. He also followed my motion and did the same. He very gently touched my back, making the muscle in my back twitch in slight pain from the fall. He noticed this slight movement and pulled his hand back, seeing that his touch was hurting me.

"..just so you know. I don't hate you." I pulled my arm back off him. V had this look of tears written on his face. He didn't actually cry, but he was getting emotional.

"I see that now."

 "___! yo, we need to go," Dante called out to me, he already picked up my bag and was carrying it away.

"...call me if you need help." I nod and backed away, and turned on my heel. Leaving poor V there alone watching me leave.

Nero already said bye to me earlier, but he still watched from on top of the building quietly.

While I had my back turned V turned himself back to his full self Vergil. He wanted to see how he would feel after that encounter. Vergil felt his cold heart beating just a little bit faster. He wasn't even that cold anymore, he just didn't want to frighten her with any stupid actions or sharp things he could say that could make her upset.

'I swear if Dante...screws up...I will hunt you down myself."

- Until Next Time 🌹❄