❄Vergil's New Job Part 3❄

V was currently testing his skills out on the phone

V was currently testing his skills out on the phone. I and Nero were quietly listening from the room upstairs. "He's doing alright so far," Nero whispered.

"Yeah..this is the calmest I've seen him so far. He lost that demonic edge and is after to speak better."

I heard his voice suddenly change. Oh no he was getting nervous, did the client ask him something stupid? We looked at each other. 'Oh no..!'

We stepped closer to the top of the stairs. Leaning in trying to listen more.

Me being careless, Iactiddenly stepped too far after wanting to hear more. Nero was only a couple of inches ahead of me holding his red queen. My foot slipped, and I dove down the steps in horror.

Knocking Nero down over the steps with me. Our failed attempts to stay quiet were just ruined. With a loud crashing sound that would wake a heavily drunk Dante, we plummeted down the steps in pain.

*TING!*

The second Nero and I landed face flat on the hardwood floor, the red queen crashed down next to us. Lucky for us it didn't cut us. "Ughh.....s-shit...." Nero hissed in pain quietly. It was too late, V looked at us with his emerald green eyes wide. He was in the middle of a call, and the phone was still up to his ear.

He was lost for words. He quietly returned to the client trying not to lose focus. The mna panicked a bit thinking he made an error. "Y-yes that will be all thank you, mam."

"...ooowch.." My knees hurt from landing on them. I looked at Nero to see if he was okay. He was kinda okay, he still felt the sting of the steps.

*Click* V set the phone down trying to stay calm. He turned slightly in his chair and looked at us with one eyebrow raised.

"What is it now you two?"

"Tch...Nero next, time don't carry that stupid sword in the house, It could have impaled us." I peeled my form off the form slowly at sat back on my legs.

Then I see V crack the tiniest smile. Was he laughing at us?

"If you really wanted my attention that bad, you should have thrown a book at me or something. However..., I don't advise you to do that." I saw a flash in his eyes, he would kill us if we threw books.

"I uh..noo.. I would never."

"What are you two children doing?" Dante's voice came from above us. "Nevermind..don't answer that." The look on V's face said it all. We were technically stalking his progress.

"Well since you two are here now, fetch me some tea will you?"

"Oooo.., V is almost Vergil now." Dante teased.

I rolled my eyes. I stood up and walked to the kettle. "Good to see you didn't burn the place down V, and yeah I will get some tea. Not because you asked, because I wanted some."

'So cold.' V sighed. "Vergil get away from ___, you are contagious. My turn on the phone." Dante yanked his brother off the chair.

"Pft. Very well I will go to the bookstore then." I watch V waltz out of the office.