Uprising (End)

Coming into Detroit, he genuinely didn't know what to expect. He'd been so careful with the EK1000's creation, yet hadn't accounted for what software instability would do to him. So once the android failed to send a report, Elijah was on his way.

Seeing his own face plastered on every goddamn screen he came across as he drove was incredibly unnerving. Every news station was covering this developing story, it seemed, and Eli finally pulled over, parking near a public space that had a giant screen on display.

"Elijah Kamski Lookalike Announces Contest, Ulterior Motives? What kind of fucking headline is this?" The creator stood outside amidst the small crowd of people, leaning heavily on a cane.

But the screen replayed the initial broadcast, the reveal of whatever competition--

He targeted Vi. He put a fucking target on her head when she ran out of the house.

No damage, no deactivation, but that doesn't fucking matter!

Then the bodycam footage was shown, outing the EK1K as a duplicate, but Elijah had had enough. He hobbled back to his car, fueled by adrenaline once more, praying to whatever deity would listen that everyone was all right.

[ 01001101 ]

They needed to subdue the replica, somehow, but there was no surefire method when he had you so close. You peered up at his expression, lined with emotional torment at your gentle questions. What would become of him? He'd been made for you, deviated rapidly and succumbed to instability in his devotion algorithm.

But now with three others driven to separate you from him, and the creator himself bound to arrive to stop him, the EK1000 android was devastated.

And enraged.

Clutching you, the duplicate glanced back at the others, realizing that they were advancing before he broke into a sprint. The EK1K bolted into the CEO's office, slamming the door shut and locking it internally, then barricaded it for good measure.

As a result, you had little to shield you from seeing the corpse of Bryan Dechart, and you backed away towards the opposite corner, hand over your mouth.

[No... no, he's...]

[SM: Get out]

Easier said than done. Tears blurred your vision, but it didn't matter as you backed up against the wall, too horrified to move.

You could hear the doorknob being rattled in desperation, followed by a powerful thump as someone tried to kick the door open. [I am sorry, he's locked and barricaded the office from within...!]

[Is there any way to get out without his notice, Miss Vi?]

[No, Connor. I...] You didn't like what you were about to say at all: [Get out. Find Elijah. Remaining in CyberLife is too dangerous.]

[We are not leaving you here!]

God, the detective prototype sounded furious. [It is safer for you outside! You know as well as I do that he's controlling the entire facility. It is bending to his whim, and he is not going to relinquish that control!]

[Gavin will not agree to this.]

[THEN MAKE HIM.]

[ 01100001 ]

"What the FUCK do you mean, we have to leave?! I'm not fucking moving anywhere without her!" Reed was being shoved away from the office door, despite it being virtually impossible to get inside.