CHAPTER 47

HANIA

Today was the worst day possible, but the few minutes with him, felt like the best moments of my day.

Periods, cold and fever are the worst possible combo in the world.

I was suffering so bad that,i barely slept yesterday, Thank God I took a shower and changed in to something good rather than my tank top and pyjamas ,i wore a over sized hoodie with my sweatpants.

Maybe my brain knows something will happen like this??

'It's someone named Sohail uncle..." He handed the phone.

Can't he see,it's his dad's number...

"That someone is your dad Hamza"i informed, taking the phone from him.

"Why the hell is he calling you??" I just ignored him with a side eye,he always freaks out about his dad and my closeness.

"Hello uncle?"

"Haa Hania beta,can you remind Nijju to pick Misbah from swimming class?" He said.

"Ok I'll do" Hamza is looking at me curiously.

"Thank you Hania, he's phone is off..." There was a lot of noise in background,i didn't hear anything clearly.

"It's okay I'll inform him" i cut the call.

"Hamza are you forgetting something?" I turned to look at his confused face.

"Not a chance,i can remember things for long time..." He answered spinning my Book on his finger.

"So,if you are not here now, what you would be doing?" I controlled my smile at his confused look.

"Umm I'll would be in a meeting or helping Misbah and Danish with the homework...." He looked at me,i looked back at him.

And it clicked "ohh shit!! It's 3:25 I've to pickup Misbah from swimming class..." He got up and started wearing his shoes in hurry"I've to reach there in 20 minutes" he panicked.

He doesn't show any emotions easily, but seeing him walking clumsily in untied shoes, brought a smile to my face.

I hope he don't trip and fall on his face...

"You are forgetting your keys Hamza..." I shouted, he cursed and took it from the table"Call me if it's an emergency.. don't forgot to take your medicines..." He informed me and i just nodded saying "it's almost 3:30.." he ran out.

And he forgot to close the door,as I was closing it he returned,i was taken back seeing him short of breath " i forgot to say bye..." He said trying to catch his breath.

"You came back just to say bye to me" i asked pointing myself, he smiled"yes you always say we don't know when we will see eachother,a wave with slight smile and bye would be amazing... until we met next time..."And the dam of my emotions broke.

How...I mean how can he remember everything i said..we had the conversation an year ago, like beginning of our first year.

He left and i just closed the door,and collapsed,and burst into tears.. it became my daily routine.

I maintain distance with him and cry later regretting it.

I spend time with him and cry regretting it.

I ignore him i regret,every smile, every talk,every happiness everything with him i regret.

I never knew that i would ever regret over something that's makes me so happy.

Everyday it became my daily ritual that ,I cry infront of God, asking him why he put me in a difficult situation.

Despite knowing everything i can't hate or ignore him, because deep down in my heart I know that I can't move on from him,we have travelled a long distance that now i can't even see the exit from here.