CHAPTER 40

HAMZA

We returned back,and I took a long hot shower, and i felt better than before.

I don't usually get sick, but when I do it's worse.

I didn't eat anything at dinner because i can't taste anything.

Everything tasted so bland,few hours with cold and my life is fucking miserable,I can't imagine how Hania manages it.

And the worst part is I can't even sleep...i tried to roam around but everyone is asleep early today because we all are tired from all the walking.

I tried to watch tv or scroll my phone but my eyes started watering,i tried to read something my watery nose didn't let me.

I don't know what to do,so i sat in the balcony, sitting in the cool weather with cold felt amazing.

If I have one icecream it would be so nice...

What?

I heard a knock on the door, thought it's my delusion and ignored it.

And i heard it again, this time I opened it.

"Were you asleep?"Hania asked cautiously standing at the door as I'll shout at her for disturbing me.

"No,not yet" i invited her in, I'm more than happy to spend time with her than sacrificing my more than worse sleep schedule.

She handed me the pills and cup of warm water " I'm sorry Hamza..i shouldn't have done that..."she said lowering her gaze,she looks guilty.

"Hanu, it's ok you probably said it 20 times now.."

"But you caught cold because of me-"

"It's just a cold.. but a cup of hot chocolate would have been better.." i said trying to make the air light... but my personality and jokes are poles apart.

She just side eyed-me"what were you doing this late?" I asked placing the glass on the nightstand.

Should I ask her to sit? Would it sound inappropriate??

"I was praying Isha..." I looked at the clock it's 9pm only,it feels like midnight over here.

Maybe it's because it's pitch dark, with no vehicles sound and  weak internet connection too.

"Were you sitting in the cold" she asked eyeing the open balcony door.

And suddenly I remembered that"I want to show you something.."i walked towards the balcony.

"What?" She asked "you will see.. Hanu"i smiled at her.

"Will you push from the balcony as a revenge??" She asked,why the hell she overthnks and doubts everything?

"Nah.. I've different plans for that" she blinked at me " I mean..um I was just joking..." I answered rubbing the back of my neck.

Why does my tongue can't control talking whatever comes in my mind??

I wish it'll function as good as this during my therapy..

I turned off the lights in balcony and pointed my finger at the tree near the lake which is full of glowworms.

And i lowered the specs on her forehead,so that she can see clearly.

I love when she is angry when i do that...

She is speechless..the happiness in her face is priceless.

"Can we go there??" She asked with her doe eyes.