CHAPTER 13

HANIA

I like spending time with Hamza,I can't remember the last time I felt free, myself with anyone else.

And I fear it the most, I can't let my self get attached to him.I can't face feel the betrayal again. i don't want to.

But with him I think I can't let that happen, because i truly enjoy our time,his smiles,his grumpiness everything makes me feel happy.

Having someone who thinks you are interesting enough to talk to you everyday, and listen everything you tell them, knowing that they are giving you time is the best feeling.

I entered our room "Anvi, why didn't you turned on the lights??"it's dark inside.

I turned them on, and saw Anvita is sitting on the floor with messy hair blood shot eyes and tissues laying around.

I crossed the room and sat beside her , I don't know how comfort someone while crying. I just stayed there placing my hand on her shoulder and she hugged me tightly "it's okay everything will be fine, please don't cry Anvi" tears filled in my eyes because i can't see her like this.

"I c-can't hania...,I don't know w-what to do..." I hugged her back and rubbed her back in a calming motion"it's ok I'm here Anvi don't cry we'll figure out"

"He called me.... And asked me to meet him..." She said wiping her tears.i didn't say anything I wanted her to open up.

"He asked me to meet him tomorrow"Anvi said in a low voice.

"Are you okay with that? If you are not okay with it you don't need to go"

"That's the thing Hania...I loved him, he was my first at everything....I can't say no to him"she started crying again.

"Look Anvita I don't know it's my place to tell you this, but sometimes the people we trust hurt us the most.

"For a friendship or a relationship,if don't you receive the same efforts you give just cut them off."

I looked at her she was staring at wall and I continued.

"If you had the courage to trust them.That means you have the strength to let them go when they break the trust.....

"Yes it hurts in the beginning but It will be ok eventually. You can't enjoy the beauty of rose while getting hurt by it's thrones. It's stupidity to do that,the pleasure will last few minutes but the scars will last life long.People will say it's worth the pain but at what extent?"

Look at you comforting others , with the words you wished to hear.....

She looked at me deep in the eyes and said " i don't want him Hania... and I don't know.. how to move on..." I never saw this chatterbox Stutter.

"You will figure it out and you will start loving yourself, it's easy to love the nice things about ourselves but true self love is embracing all the difficult parts within us and trust me it's the best thing you can do ,than loving a psychopath."

She laughed at the last part and I'm relieved that she is not crying.

To distract her I said"Well I'm hungry let's order a pizza".

She stared me with wide eyes "I should note the date, well something is special today. Hania eating junk food no way" she said dramatically

I rolled my eyes and ordered a pizza which arrived in 35 minutes.

"Well don't mind me, but no one really tried to ask you out??"she asked eating her pizza with ketchup.Well she likes to have alot of toppings.

I wanted to answer her honestly "some guys asked me but my answer is always no"Eating my own slice,I didn't add any ketchup my inner Italian would freak out. I like my pizza to be simple and authentic.