Chapter One

hi!!

welcome to The 100th Match! hope you guys will enjoy this story. i've been working on it for a long time, so sorry it's coming out this late (original publication was supposed to be in october, then november).

btw, this will be a slowburn. also, a quick psa, please don't get too irritated at alistair mcclair. keep in mind that he considers himself a 'straight' man, so of course he won't be adjusted to everything. but he'll figure everything out... eventually.

enought of me talking, enjoy this read! bye!!

------

Alistair McClair

Alistair McClair

It was all quiet atop the penthouse. A glass of wine in one hand, and my sweet cat on my lap. Everything was perfect. Until the doors opened loudly with a loud thud.

"What the fuck is this?!" My girlfriend, Pamela Beck, stormed into my living room. Her shouting caused my cat to hop off my lap and leave quickly, knowing Pamela's bullshit.

"What am I supposed to be looking at?" I asked her, taking a sip of my wine.

"Why is this white Birkin handbag stained with wine?!" She angrily yelled. I took another sip of my wine. Her eyes sharpened on the glass of red in my hands. "It was you!"

"Now why would it be me?" I asked with a smug face. "Why would I spill something on an expensive bag I bought for you?" I also asked.

"I can't believe you." She huffed. I stood up and set my glass down on the table in front of me. Pamela's gaze was crazed, almost like she was on the verge of attacking someone.

"Well, that's a shame." I replied. Pamela threw the bag at me. I quickly caught it before it hit my face. She let out an irritated huff and stomped her heel.

"You know what? I can't do this anymore." She said. "We're over!" Pamela shouted. I didn't react.

"Damn." I replied.

Pamela turned around and began to walk out. But before she fully exited, she turned around.

"You know, if you keep with this type of attitude, no one will ever love you." She left, not without flipping me off.

Did I care? Not at all. I knew Pamela. I knew that she adores expensive things. And I knew that tainting something dear to her would be the driving cause for her to break up with me. By that way, I won't be blamed for the breakup and can move on with my life, knowing I lost nothing significant.

Only a few seconds after Pamela left, my door opened and my assistant walked in.

"What was it this time? Did you serve her the dish she hated? Or did you keep making that clicking noise with your pen?" Meredith Chester, the best assistant asked me.