Chapter 93

Alex's POV

Since the announcement, I've become extraordinarily possessive of her. I constantly feel the need to see her, be around her, and touch her to ensure she's there and near me. I haven't left Sarah's side for even a minute, except when she locks herself in the bathroom. Sarah has grown annoyed with me and has repeatedly asked for space to breathe, but I can't help it; I need to be with her.

It's been two weeks since she first shared the news of her pregnancy. I've been working from my home office ever since. I had my personal assistant bring everything here so that I wouldn't have to go to the office, except for important meetings, which are usually delegated to others.

Daniel and Mia had returned from their honeymoon, and since Mia wanted to see Sarah right away, they came straight from the airport. Mom hasn't left their side either. To my and Daniel's dismay, both of us were sent out of my room and away from our girls.

Why? Because they needed their 'quality girl time.' Like, is that even a thing? And why can't they have their gossip and 'quality time' with us around?

I was working on my laptop, and Dan was tired, resting on the sofa when we heard a scream. We both jerked our heads toward the door and then at each other. In no time, we were rushing to my room.

"What happened? Are you okay?" we both exclaimed simultaneously as soon as we entered the room, huffing for air.

The three of them were looking at us as if we were from another planet.

Sarah was standing by the bed, clapping and smiling, but tears were also flowing from her eyes. The same went for Mom and Mia – smiling, crying, and hugging each other.

Why are these girls so confusing? Why are they crying and laughing at the same time?

"What brings you guys here?" Mom inquired.

"We heard a scream, so we thought maybe something happened, and we wanted to make sure you're okay," I explained. Dan and I walked over to Sarah and Mia, checking for any signs of injury or distress.

"Oh, that? Sorry about that," Mia apologised sheepishly.

"Why are you all crying and smiling simultaneously?" Dan voiced the question that was on my mind.

"Maa asked Mia to stop calling her," Sarah exclaimed excitedly.

"That's why you screamed?" I asked, still a bit confused.

"No, silly, that was Mia," Sarah said, laughing as if I had said something absurd.

"Why did you scream, Mia?" Dan asked, expressing concern.

"Because Sarah told me she's also pregnant. We're now pregnant besties," Mia declared enthusiastically.

Dan smiled at me and congratulated us both, and we reciprocated.

"But why didn't Eli want you to call her?" Dan asked, still puzzled.

Mia laughed at him and explained, "She didn't say not to call her; she asked me to call her Mom as well. So, she'll be my Maa, just like Sarah's." She said this with a smile.

Dan looked at Mom, and when she smiled at him, he hugged her, expressing his gratitude. Mom had been there for him after his mother's death, and this meant a lot to Dan. Mia calling her Mom was a significant gesture.

"So, you both are okay?" I asked again, just to be sure.

"Yes," they both responded, seeming a bit irritated by my question.

"Now you both can go; we need to discuss so many things," Mia said, stepping away from Dan's embrace and shooing us away.

"Why can't you both talk with us around?" Dan asked, echoing the same question I had in mind.