Chapter 8

Alex's POV

I got ready in my black suit. I mostly wear suits to business parties and dinners so I have a lot of options but not in colour as most of them are the basics Black, Blue and Grey.

I came downstairs and my mom has this smile on her face which made me smile at her back. She was too excited to get me married. I have no idea of moms and their obsession of getting their children married.

So we all three were waiting at the dining table for them to arrive as the dinner starts at 8pm and it was already 7.55pm. And the door bell rang and I looked at my watch it was exact 8.

The only thing I liked about this man was that he was always on time. He was a man of time, never early or late he knew too well the importance of time in our lives.

My parents went to the door to receive them and I was still standing near the dining table ready with my speech that I wanted to talk to her about. And they made their way I saw them coming in with my father leading them in and my mother at the back talking to their daughter.

Like I told you mom was overly excited about this thing, and she is such a sweet women who everyone loved and so did she.

But when they entered and I saw who the girl was I was left dumbstruck and my mouth was left open, after a while I came out of my trance of looking at her.

This is the first time we both are meeting and she is more beautiful up close and that blush it will surely kill me. She's so cute...

'Huh cute since when do I find girls cute??' My brain questioned me. I guess only this one girl. Oh I m so gonna marry her, the way her cheeks turned pink when our eyes met.

Then I put myself together and a smile came on my face by just looking at her. And I introduced myself to her.

"Hi, I am Alex Reynolds. Nice to meet you." I extended my hand for her to hold.
I was shaking at the thought of touching her for the first time.

Then she spoke with pink on her cheeks "Hi, I am Sarah Thompson. Nice to meet you too." her voice, that angelic voice I'm surely a dead man now. It is so sweet like all she eats is chocolates and sweets. I can listen to her voice and not listen anything else my entire life if given the choice.

Sarah, I finally know her name. And she is nothing like I imagined Thompon's daughter to be.

Then she took my hand to shake, and the sparks that I felt made me feel like I have touched something electric. And then she looked at me and our eyes met.

Her beautiful hazel eyes I could look at them for all my life and still not look any other way. They are so captivating and held so many emotions. Her face is so descriptive of everything that she is feeling, and I know she is nervous about this.

But what she doesn't know is that now after seeing her I am more nervous than her, I want her to like me. I want my first impression on her to be a good one, one that she remembers always, which she tells her children and grandchildren. Our children and grandchildren.

I know I am planning too ahead but all I want is her.

My mom cleared her throat and I realised I was still holding her hand. So, I let her go and she bit her lower lip to hide her smile and her cheeks turned pink again by my actions. She looked at the ground and made her way to the table.

We all sat for the dinner and our fathers started with their conversations and our moms were also talking amongst them. And all I could do was look at the girl in front of me. It was then when I saw her and what she was wearing.

She was wearing the same dress that she wore the day I first saw her at the college. And there could not be any other perfect dress for this occasion if you ask my opinion. It was the dress when I saw her and decided I wanted her and it will be the same dress in which I will make her mine.