Chapter 84

Sarah's POV

Upon entering my home, an unusual hush greeted me. Although I expected everyone to be at work, the complete absence of both people and even the maids, with the house dimly lit and lights off, struck me as eerie.

Calling out for Maa as I ventured further, "Maa, you home?" my voice echoed through the quiet space. No response.

Heading upstairs to my room, remnants of the morning's decorations still adorned the surroundings, and only the bedside lamps cast a soft glow. At the centre of the bed, a huge box caught my attention.

Scanning the room for any sign of anyone, I found none. Approaching the mysterious box, I opened it to reveal an extraordinary sight - a princess gown. A note nestled at the bottom conveyed:

'My Dearest Sarah,

Today, the sun shines a little brighter, and the world is a little more enchanting because it's your special day. You, my love, are the most precious gem in my life. Tonight, I want to celebrate you, the incredible woman that you are, in a way you truly deserve.

Get ready to shine, my little Dove, for today is all about you. And remember, every time you feel the silk of the dress on your skin, let it remind you of how you've wrapped my heart in your love.

Happy Birthday, my one and only. Let the magic begin.

Forever yours,

Alex'

Adorned in the gown, I felt like a princess from the movies. A knock on the door revealed Alex, looking momentarily bewildered. Waving my hand in front of his face, I brought him back to the present as he didn't respond when I called for him.

With a cleared throat, he said, "You look like a true princess, Dove. I wish I could stay here in the bedroom and shower you with love. But we need to go for your celebrations; everyone is waiting." Blushing at his compliment, I nodded in agreement.

As I followed him, he led me to the backyard, adorned with the breathtaking beauty of roses and orchids-my favourites

As I followed him, he led me to the backyard, adorned with the breathtaking beauty of roses and orchids-my favourites. Every member of my family, including Maa, Papa, Mia, Daniel, and Dad, was present there.

Overwhelmed by emotions, I clung tightly to Alex's hand. This was more than just a celebration; it was the first time my birthday had not only been remembered but also joyously celebrated, surrounded by my cherished family.

The party unfolded splendidly, and every moment filled my heart with delight. The cake, a delicious masterpiece, added to the joy.

When Alex announced it was time for presents, I felt no need for more; their presence alone was the greatest gift that I could ever ask for or want.

Dad presented the first gift, urging me to open it immediately. As I unwrapped it, tears welled up in my eyes. The gift was a memory scrapbook, filled with mementos from my childhood, capturing milestones and moments I had no idea he had preserved.