Chapter 1

Sarah's POV

I woke up and looked at the clock on the bedside table, I still had half an hour to my alarm and 2 hours before college started.

Yes, you heard me right, it's my first day in COLLEGE!!!! Yeah!!!!

You must be thinking why this girl is so excited about college, it is not a big deal. But it is for me. 

I have always wanted to study history. (Yes I am a nerd) I like to read a lot and learn the history of different places and people, it's so exciting. It's like you are re-living their lives when you are listening to or reading the history of a place or a person. And everything has a history woven into the tapestry of time. You, me, and even the newborns have their own history, a history of their life inside of the womb and their past life (if you believe in that).

After high school, I never thought I would be able to go to college as my parents said they would not be paying my fee as it is a waste of money because studying history is not going to help me.

So I worked really hard for the exam and got admission to the best college in the state on a full scholarship. YEAH!!! Now I can go to college and I don't have to worry my parents about anything.

It's not like they can't afford my tuition fee. They are rich and by rich I mean super rich, My dad is the owner of Thompson Solutions which is one of the leading firms in computers and internet stuff which I have no idea about. (Yes you guessed it right, I am not interested in any of the business of my family nor have I ever understood what they do).

Anyways, they are rich but they say that even if we are rich it does not mean we should be wasting my father's hard-earned money on things that are not useful and we should be living the simplest lives.

But I still love History so much and I would be anyways bored alone at home wasting my time doing useless things. So, better I should go to college and complete my degree in History then I can work on my later goal of becoming a teacher in History.

I did my morning routine of brushing and bathing and now the hardest part was in front of me.

It was to decide what do I wear on my first day of college. After spending like 1 hour looking into my closet and throwing all my clothes here and there I remembered a dress my nana(grandmother) gifted me but I never had the occasion to wear.

It is a stunning summer dress that perfectly captures the essence of the season. The dress is a delightful blend of comfort and style, boasting a soft and flowing fabric that gently kissed the summer breeze. A dreamy shade of pastel blue adorned the dress, reminiscent of clear skies and tranquil seas, instantly brightening the surroundings.

"This would be the perfect dress for my first day." I was so excited and I got ready. I went downstairs to the kitchen and prepared myself a lunch that I packed for college. I also made and kept in heaters plates of breakfast and lunch for my mother and father and ate mine (which by the way I could not eat much because I was so excited for the first day that I got these butterflies in my stomach).

I went to my room, got my bag and books that I might need and I picked my lunch from the kitchen counter keeping it in my bag I went to the door to start my journey.

"Where are you going now early this morning??"

Turning around I saw my father standing near the stairs looking angry.

SHIT!

****

Hope you liked the first chapter.

Please do Vote, Comment, and Share.

Love!
Zenia❤️