Chapter 74

Third Person POV

"How do you know my daughter?" Mr. Anderson asked.

"Fuck," Daniel muttered.

"Mr. Anderson, we need to talk," Alex interjected.

"Mr. Reynolds, I really have no time to talk to you or this man because I need to find my daughter and talk to her. I have been calling her since morning to warn her, but she was not answering, and now her cell is out of reach," Mr. Anderson said, clearly worried.

"Why were you calling her?" Daniel asked.

Mr. Anderson raised his brows at him. "I don't know how this is your business, but since the police are here, I need to tell them as well that Judas was released from prison, and she needs to stay put inside the safety of her house. I wanted her to tell me where she was as she was not at her hostel, and I wanted to take her back home."

"Judas?" Alex questioned.

"Mia's ex. He used to assault her, and I was sure he would come after her after being free from prison because he thinks that she got him jailed," Mr. Anderson explained.

"Fuck, I knew that something was up. I asked her who was calling her when her phone kept buzzing all morning, but she shrugged it off, saying it was her friends wanting to hang out, and she was not in the mood, and so was Sarah. Damn, Alex, I should have pushed her to answer her call, or I should have taken the phone and answered it. It's all my fault. If I had not asked them both to go out and shop, they both would have been safe. I am sorry, Alex. Damn, I put them both in danger," Daniel started to babble.

"What do you mean by that you should have answered her call? How do you know Mia?" Mr. Anderson questioned.

"Mr. Anderson, Mia is my girlfriend, and she has been living with me for some time now," Daniel admitted.

"You mean she is the same girlfriend that you said got kidnapped?" the officer chimed in, and Daniel nodded.

"So, Ms. Mia Anderson is the same girl you both are looking for?" the other officer said, and both Daniel and Mr. Anderson nodded, realising they had been searching for the same person.

"Since you both are looking for the same girl, why don't we all cooperate and work together? And how is your wife involved in all this?" the officer asked Alex.

They all nodded, and Alex explained, "Sarah, my wife, was with Mia when they both came to the mall, and we were on our way to get them when we received a call from them..." Alex then detailed everything that had happened, showing the officers the CCTV footage, and they noted the number plate of the vehicle that left with the girls.

Upon seeing the footage, Mr. Anderson confirmed that the man was Judas, who kidnapped them. However, he had no information about the other individuals because he only knew about Judas.

The officers began tracking the vehicle, but it turned out the number plate was fake, and the vehicle was not registered anywhere.

"Why don't we go and search in the direction the vehicle left? We may find something out there. We can't just wait here," Daniel shouted at the officer.

"Mr. Ashford, we know you are concerned about Ms. Anderson, but the path leads to many turns, and even if we leave, we can't find them anywhere on the streets. Let my team work on the security footage from different street lights to see if they can track the vehicle," the officer explained.

Alex's phone rang, and he saw it was Noah, so he declined the call. But then it rang again and again till he answered.

"Noah, I don't have time right now. I'm really busy," Alex snapped, irritated that he wanted to spend time searching for Sarah rather than bickering with Noah.