Chapter 22

Sarah's POV

When I woke up I saw the bedside table for time and it was already 7am. I got up hurried and threw my covers away and while wearing my slippers in half open eyes I ran straight in front of me. I was already late, mom is going to scold me for not making their breakfast and sleeping till late.

When I tried to find my bathroom door handle I touched some... cloth?? I opened my eyes confused as why is there a cloth hanging in place of my bathroom door. When I opened my eyes full, I saw it was the curtains in front of the window.

HUH???

What? Where am I? How has my room changed, I looked at the window and scratched the back of my head. My brain waking up and remembering what happened yesterday.

It was then I heard a voice, a voice that I had recently came to like at the same time feel hurt. "Sarah?" Alex said.

Then I remembered that I was in his room.

I turned and my eyes were fixed and widened on what I saw. Alex stood in front of his bathroom door wearing his suit pants only. His hair still wet and water dripping on his abs and perfectly shaped body. He was not only handsome but had such a defined body that can make anyone week at their knees. I had this strange feeling in my stomach seeing him half naked.

This made my mouth dry. I didn't realise I was staring at him until he spoke.

"Like what you see?" He had a hint of smirk and playfulness in his voice

"huh? n-no.. i.."

"You don't like what you seeing?" he asked again playfully and with a smirk on his lips

"N-no, I mean yes.. no.. I-I" I was stuttering as I don't know what to say, I was blushing out of embarrassment

"So, you like it?" he asked in same tone

"Yes.. no.. I-I.."

"Chill, I was just pulling you leg." he chuckled

He threw his towel in laundry basket and picked his shirt laid on a chair and wearing it he asked "Why were you running out of the window? Is one night with me that much to handle?" he smirked.

"No, I was ... (I was embarrassed to look at him so with reddening cheeks I looked down)... I thought I was in my room and I got up late and was running to bathroom so..."

"Oh okay..... you can rest all you want" He said chuckling

"No, even I wake up early I don't know why I slept this long today, I am sorry I'll get up early from tomorrow." I immediately said nervously 

As he is being sarcastic just like mom and would be angry because just yesterday I was the reason he had to break up with Emily and now I got late for preparing breakfast. It was not that late as mom always eats breakfast by 7.30/ 8 but since he is up early he would want breakfast also early.

"You're not late it's only (checking clock at bedside table)... 7 in the morning. I am usually up early but you don't need to. You can rest all you want." he said

Is he testing me like mom? or does he really mean that?

Anyways I can't take risk and have him angry at me first thing in the morning that to on my first day here.

"No, I am sorry I promise I'll be up earlier from tomorrow. I can go and prepare breakfast for you now." I said pleading not wanting him to be mad.

He came closer to me now fully dressed and picking up his suit jacket in his hands "Like I said I am an early riser, it doesn't mean you have to be. You can sleep all you want, without worries." he said with a softer tone this time and I think he is not testing me and really meant what he said.