Chapter 31

Daniel's POV

It has been a month since the wedding, and I have been meeting Mia almost every day.

Yes, I won the challenge not once but four times that night and two times again in the morning. She has been constantly asking what I want from her, but I had kept delaying and not answering because I will ask her later when I think everything is good and she is ready.

Meeting Mia every day has become a routine for me. After work, we have drinks and dinner together, and then sleep either at her hostel or mine.

The sex was great with her; she is super good in bed. But what I like the most is spending time with her, talking and sleeping with her in my arms.

She doesn't talk about herself; she just talks about random stuff and Sarah. From her concerns and the way she talks about Sarah, it shows how much she cares for her, like she's her little sister who Mia needs to protect from the evil world.

I can't blame her; Sarah is innocent, and even I would have become protective if I had been her friend like Mia. But Mia is overly protective of her, like she wants to protect her from something that has hurt her and not want that for Sarah. But Mia doesn't know that I would protect her before anything could reach her.

Anyways, I was working at my club. I don't generally visit my club for work, but today my presence was required. While Mia had some assignment to work on, I will be finishing my pending work, which I had been ignoring for the past weeks because I was always too eager to drop all the work and go meet Mia.

I was standing at the window of my office, looking at the bar and observing people dancing and drinking. The people were drunk and dancing their asses off like this is the only day to live freely. I can't blame them because there are very few times when you can be free of everything and enjoy yourself.

I smiled, remembering how carefree Mia gets and dances when she's drunk. 

Then my eyes caught sight of something that made me angry as hell. And I rushed out of my office straight to the bar.

I slammed the boy leaning near her and said, "Back off."

The drunk boy said, "What the heck, man?"

"What the heck is that you are where you should not be," I said with clenched teeth.

The douche decided to speak again, "What is your problem? You are disturbing my date."

I was this close to punching this douche. "She's not your date, and she is leaving."

Then she decided to speak, "No, I am not."

"Yes, you are, Mia," I said sternly.

"You can't force me," she replied in the same tone.

"Don't test me," I said, staring into her eyes.

"Just back off, dude; she clearly is not interested in you," the stupid tried to talk again.

"We need to talk, follow me, Mia," I said, ignoring the guy and taking Mia's hand and moving away from the bar.

She didn't move, and I stopped and looked back.

The dude chose the wrong timing to piss me as he now got up from his seat and put his arm around her waist and said, "She is with me tonight. So back off."

He then tried to kiss her. He shouldn't have; I had warned him in the beginning.

I punched the guy hard in the face, and I think I hurt my hand, but it was worth it.

I then took Mia's hand and pulled her along with me to my office upstairs. My bouncers threw that man out of my club.

Once we were inside my office, Mia said "What the fuck, Daniel?"