Chapter 87

Sarah's POV

The past year has been a wild ride for me. Since Alex proposed, our relationship has undergone significant changes, and it's been nothing short of amazing. He is just too clingy and could never keep his hands to himself.

His affectionate nature, however, tends to make everyday dinners a bit challenging, especially with his hands finding their way to my thighs, tracing them even when our parents are present. He even had me choke on my food on instances when he got all bold and slid his hands and fingers inside.

It's almost unbelievable, the audacity of this guy.

Despite this, there's some exciting news I'm both eager and nervous to share with Alex.

He returned from his late-night business meeting. I was waiting for him to share the news. He changed and dressed in comfortable sweats and looked particularly enticing in gray. Lately, he's abandoned T-shirts for sleep. He came out rubbing water droplets of his hair and body, leaving me utterly captivated by the droplets from his hair glistening on his well-defined body.

Approaching me, he gently pecked my lips, sliding under the covers and pulling me closer. Lost in the depths of his ocean-blue eyes, I momentarily forgot the world around me as he leaned in for a kiss.

Shaking off the enchantment, I need to focus on telling him the news or we will be carried away with this for the whole night till we tire ourselves. I broke the kiss and smiled at him. "Alex, I have some news to share with you!"

"Oh, do tell! You look absolutely thrilled," he inquired curiously.

Feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement, unsure of how he'd react, I took a deep breath. "I'm going to graduate a whole year earlier than expected!" I shared, bubbling with excitement.

"That's incredible, Sarah! I'm so proud of you. Congratulations!" he exclaimed ecstatically.

Hugging him, I expressed my gratitude, saying, "Thank you! I couldn't have done it without your support and encouragement."

"This calls for a celebration! You've just made me one proud husband," he declared with a mischievous smile.

Curious about his plans, I asked, "What are you planning?"

"I am planning you, baby," he replied, leaning in for another kiss. This kiss is bound to lead to something more, and I'm going to savor every moment of it.

***

This year, the exams faced delays due to university issues, pushing them to the end of May and halfway into June. Exams are inherently stressful, and this semester, I took on two additional subjects to align my graduation with Mia's batch.

As we finished the final exam, I hurried over to Mia, but she disregarded me, weaving through the crowd and heading into the toilets in haste. Concerned, I followed her. Upon reaching, I found her vomiting. Quickly, I held her hair back, offering comfort by rubbing circles on her back.

After she finished and washed her face, I inquired with concern, "Mia, are you okay? Do you need me to accompany you home? Daniel won't be back until late; he and Alex have an important meeting today."

She looked at me and replied, "Sarah... I-I... No, don't worry, I am okay."

"You don't seem okay to me, Mia. You just vomited, and you look pale. Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you? We can also visit a doctor on our way," I suggested, genuinely concerned for her well-being.

"No, Sarah, I really am okay. The exams were stressful, and I just ate leftovers from last night. I think they didn't sit well with me," she explained with a smile.