Chapter 11

Sarah's POV

When we got home I went to my room and there was this smile on my face. I was so anxious about the Reynolds and how would they treat me. But after meeting them I am relieved that they are nice people and they seem to like me also.

Eli is very friendly and understanding she also asked for my opinions on the wedding planning which I am happy because it felt like my opinion mattered to her. Not like my mom who is always demanding and ordering me never hearing me out.

And Alex, he is sooooo handsome Oh My God!!!!! just thinking about him brings flush to my cheeks. I can never imagine someone so handsome can be my husband (soon to be I know).

He is also very sweet and supportive. The way he spoke to my mother when she commented on my figure my heart just melt. Like there was anything left to melt but still whatever was left melted away and its all his now.

I am sitting on my bed all changed and admiring the ring, its a beautiful ring and I rub my thumb on it. He said that this is a family heirloom meaning it's antique and precious, and most important and exciting part it contains history.

This ring would have been on so many hands and would have witnessed so many weddings, it would be containing so many generations of love. I am so eager to know it all, even if I can never know the stories I am delighted that I got to touch and wear such a great and important jewel. It's priceless not only in terms of money but also in terms of emotions and history attached to it.

Admiring the ring my smile fell and the reality hit me hard and I was crying. I realised how my entire life will change now that I am engaged and soon I will be married to a man I don't know at all though he seemed nice but it all can be a facade just like my parents put in front of others. Surely no one wants to show their real self in first meeting especially not before the marriage.

I never got a chance to live my life according to my wishes as I had to always obey my parents. And now for once I felt like everything was going good, I got my admission in college and I made so many friends who like me. But all this will change now when I am married to someone I don't know apart from his name. What if he doesn't let me go to college? What if he forces himself on me on the first night? I am not ready for all of this, I have never even kissed anyone how can I give myself to a stranger?

I cry louder but block my screams by the pillow because I am not allowed to cry or be heard by my parents.

***

I woke up with red eyes and did my morning routine. Now I am getting ready for college. I was all ready and picking up my bag using my left hand when I noticed the ring.

I realised that I have to go to the college and I have not told anyone about the marriage, not even Mia and after seeing the ring on my hand they are gonna ask so many questions.

What should I do? Do I remove the ring only for the time I am in college?? No, I can't do that what if I lose it or forget where I kept it safe? And I don't really wanna remove my engagement ring from my hand.

(A/N: it happens with me a lot, I keep things safe so that I don't lose them and then they are the only thing that I end up loosing.)

Should I just wear it to college? No, because I don't have the answers to the questions Mia and others would be asking. Also, I don't even know what Reynolds wants to say to others about this marriage. I don't even know if Alex wants me to tell people that I am his wife or keep it a secret?

WHAT DO I DOOOO!!!!

Then this idea struck me and I picked up the First Aid box from the bathroom racks and applied some bandage around my ring and smallest finger. If anybody asks I'll just say that I got burnt while cooking. YES! I am proud of your brain, Sarah what an idea.