Chapter 35

Alex's POV

I wanted to treat Sarah for everything. Since she came into my life, she has brought nothing but good luck and happiness. For everything she did for Daniel, I could not be prouder to have her in my life. My Little Dove.

So I planned a special night and even had a special gift for her. I wanted this night to be unforgettable. I organised it with the help of our friends, and yesterday, I went to Dan to set everything up.

"I need your help. I want to make Sarah feel special. Can you book our restaurant for me for the night? I know it's short notice, but I really want this for her."

"Anything for you, bro. We own the restaurants; they'll do as we order."

"I also need your assistance with some arrangements because I have a meeting in an hour with our new foreign clients, and we'll be finalizing and signing the contract."

"Great, so we'll be celebrating the contract as well?"

"Yes. Can you also collaborate with her friend? I've already told her what I need her to do for the dinner."

"Alex, just message me what you need, and I'll get the job done. We don't need any friends involved."

"Mr. Daniel Ashford, seriously, what's wrong with you? Because you're avoiding working with a girl, it's something serious." I joked, knowing he was upset about something, but I didn't want to push him to say anything until he was comfortable.

"Nothing. I just don't want to ruin your day by taking her friend home and not finishing our work." he winked, but his usual playful smile was missing.

"Don't worry; this one will not be distracted. She is different and definitely not your regular hookup type." I reassured him because Mia was not the type for casual flings. She was energetic and all, but she was sweet at heart and cared about her relationships. So I didn't think she would be up for one-night stands.

"Fine. Just tell me what you need, and I'll see what I can do."

I provided him with a detailed list of everything that needed to be arranged, including the dishes I wanted to be served and the decorations.

"You just need to ensure that everything is in the right place and settled in the restaurant. Arrangements and shopping will be done by Mia. She will meet you at the restaurant tomorrow after college."

"Mia? As in Sarah's friend from the wedding?" he asked, very curious and more enthusiastic than he usually was about girls.

"Yes. Don't tell me you've been involved with her, Dan, please. Don't ruin this for me, please." I didn't want them to fight and disrupt my plan.

"N-no, I didn't..."

"No, Dan."

"It's not like that, Alex. She's different. I like her." He said immediately.

"What?" I was shocked because Dan never really like liked his girls, yes he enjoyed their company for the duration they were together but never developed genuine feelings for them, and he never discussed anyone outside of that context.

"I - I like her, Alexie," he said, sounding sad.

"Then what's the problem?" I was confused. Why was he sad about it? Mia was a great friend and a nice girl.

He proceeded to tell me about what had transpired between them. I felt really bad for him because he was not one to open up about his feelings to anyone, and that girl just left him like that. I decided I was going to have a conversation with Mia later because she had no right to hurt my brother like this, especially not when he clearly had feelings for her.