Chapter 19

Daniel's POV

The Reynolds left both in their cars and there were just Mia and me left standing outside.

I saw she was angry and looking at the gate. She was hurt about her friend, I could see how much she cared for her.

Then I realised that there is only my car parked, I think she came by cab or with Sarah.

"Hey, it was a heck of a day. Do you fancy a drink?" I asked in a cheerful tone to lighten her mood.

She looked at me with questioned and angry look and said "No thanks" 

"Common, I know that your mood is bad and you don't even have a ride home. Why not let me take you home we have a drink and relax a bit."

"I said I am good. I'll call a cab you don't need to wait you can go." She said angrily.

"Look I know you are upset with me, but it's late and you won't get a cab right know."

"Look I am not upset with you, I am just concerned for my friend."

"And there's nothing better than a few drinks to cheer up your mood." I said a little more cheerful to lighten the mood.

"Okay, but only because you said the word 'drinks'." She said a little relaxed now.

We got to my car and went straight to my bar.

We drank for 2 hours and I think she was totally wasted. I know she is upset but it didn't look like it was because of Sarah. It felt like she was hurt herself, but what hurt her so much?

I had this feeling to know who hurt her and have him know that what happens to a person who even thinks of hurting her. But I had never felt this way for anyone especially for a girl. Why was she so different and why I wanted to know her more or want to see her happy??

Alex's POV

I was happy that Sarah chose to come back with me. I don't know what I would have done if she didn't. It's not like I would have forced her into anything, but I would have surely put up a fight if that was what it would take to get her with me.

She was looking outside of the window the whole ride and didn't even try to talk. I have hurt her a lot and there was no way she would forgive me easily. I wanted to talk to her tell her how sorry I was, but I thought against it because I know now was not the right time. And she needed rest.

But I couldn't stop staring at her every now and then. I was really scared when Mia said that she will be taking Sarah with her. I don't want to lose her, and because of the quietness it felt unreal that she was here and chose to come with me.

I still don't know why she decided to come with me, but I can't be more happy about it. It's not like I would have stopped her if she wanted to go with Mia. But it would have broken my heart and I don't know what I would have done in that moment.

When we reached the estate I got out of my side and walked to her side to open her door, but she was already stepping out of the car herself.

She was struggling to step out because of her gown and she had stumble before when she tried getting off the bed, so I held my hand in front of her for support. Which she looked at then at me but, took it without any word.

We were walking toward the door, she stumbled because of the heels she was wearing. I think her feet must be hearting by now from all the dance and she must be week because of everything that she went through.

So I just picked her up bridal style.

She gasped and looked at me with a questioning look and said in a very low and sweet voice which can bring anyone on their knees "I can walk, please put me down."