Chapter 2

Sarah's POV 

My father Richard Thompson, is a very scary man to look at with a furrowed brow, strong jawline, and dark brown eyes.

I don't know what his employees would feel when he is there the whole day with them shouting and giving orders. 

"T-to college dad, I told you a month ago that I got admitted into the college and you said I can go." I stuttered (like I told he is scary and commanding)

"And what does your mother always say to you about not wasting money on useless things??"

"But Dad I am not wasting any money, I got the full scholarship and there would be no need to pay any tuition fee."

"And what about the money that you would be wasting on your travel and those stupid scrap of books that you would be buying? Where would that money come from?"

"Of Course, I have to pay for that Sarah, from the money that I earned working hard day and night. And you would be wasting it on buying scrap. Whereas you should be doing something else."

"But D-Dad, I already have most of the books that I bought from my pocket money. I won't be needing much of it and I would not bother you if I needed more, I would buy them from my pocket money or borrow from the library."

"AAH! What is all this noise early in the morning."

Great my mother the only person I needed to see in the morning. (Note the sarcasm) 

She is not a bad face to look at in the morning, actually, she is quite beautiful for her age and has the same features as mine but her's are sharper while mine are just there. She doesn't like how I got her features but not as prominent and I don't look as beautiful as she does even in her morning face. And she is always berating me about my weight and appearance and that has made my self-confidence extremely low, it's this small that you can't even find it under a microscope if you tried.

"Nothing much just your daughter going to college and wasting money when she should be doing something useful."

"What? Sarah you'r going to the college wearing that?" She eyed me up and down with a disgusted expression on her face.

"You are concerned about her dress Catherine??"

"No, I mean why are you going to college Sarah, and what the fuck are you wearing? Don't you have any concerns about our image? What will people think when they see you wearing this stupid dress of yours. And all the fat that you are getting, didn't I tell you to stop eating and start dieting to maintain a figure that is acceptable and liked by others?" 

Yeah!!! way to go my confidence.

"Mom, I will start dieting from today, but please can I go I am getting late and it's my first day so I don't wanna be late."

"Didn't I tell you that you are not going, Sarah? I am not paying for any of your scraps."

"Dad please, I promise I will not bother you with money."

"NO! Now go back to your room or do something useful in the house. Make us some breakfast I didn't even have time for dinner yesterday I'm starving."

I was trying very hard to control my tears, but they were on the verge of leaving my eyes.

"Dad, I- I already made breakfast and lunch for you both and I kept it in the heater to keep it warm. Dad, please let me go please."

"I said no Sarah." he said sternly

At this point, I could not control the tears and they started falling from my eyes

"D-Dad please, I- I promise I will do anything you tell me to do, I- - I will even make dinner and help mom in the garden, but please I beg you let me go to the college please." I pleaded with my Dad in between my sobs.

"Anything I ask? You would agree to it?"

"YES! Yes Dad anything you say I'll do."

"Ok"

...

"What are you doing standing there and staring at? Go now, aren't you getting late for your college?"

"What? I can go?" I was shocked that he said yes.

"What? Are you allowing her to go, Richard? what about all the work that is needed to be done at the house?"

Oh, Mom why do you have to ruin it, he just agreed. Please don't say no Dad please.

"She can go, Catherine. As she said she already made breakfast and lunch and she would do the dinner after she returned. I think there is not much work left, anyways we are not home most of the day."

"Really Dad I can go??" I couldn't believe my ear right now.

"Yes. and if you didn't hold on to your word I will make sure that you are dropped out of the college and no other college accepts you. You know I hold the power." 

His serious tone is even scarier than his normal tone, it sent shivers in my body. 

Now, I am thinking maybe I did make a mistake, but I really wanted to go to college and what big of a favour could he even ask for? I anyways do most of the household chores and he knows I am no good at business, so I think I can handle whatever he would ask for. 

Right??

***

I left the house in a rush, although I had time but I didn't want to be late at any cause, also I was going to walk to the college which would take half an hour as I didn't have enough money for a cab and I am saving my pocket money for emergency and books that I may need to buy. 

I was so excited that I could finally go to college, and study History. These are the only things that I want to do in my life and it is all feeling like a dream come true.

I really hope my first day in college is good and I make new friends. I don't have many or actually any friends apart from my books. I have always been this shy girl and I am not very comfortable talking to new people or making new friends. 

I finally entered the college and I was standing there at the main door taking in my environment and the beautiful college building. Do you know even this college building has a history of its own, it's an ancient building that was once the main place where the Britishers used to hold meetings and store their paperwork. Yes, it is an ancient building, and I would be using its library to learn more about its history. 

I am so excited!!!! I started walking through the door to my first class. History here I come.

College Building

****

Hope you liked the chapter.

Please do Vote, Comment and Share.