Chapter 10

Alex's POV

When my mom said that I should take Sarah to the garden, my heart was beating at such a fast pace that I thought it would jump out of my chest. And when I caught the sight of Sarah, she was so pink I am sure her cheeks would be burning right now with the amount she is blushing right now.

I got up and said to her "Please follow me." With a smile. To which she smiled and followed me outside.

When we were in the garden she looked around in amaze like she was seeing things like this for the first time. While I was looking at her with same emotion. That's when she said "Your house is beautiful"
'It would be more beautiful with you in it' I wanted to reply to her.
She turned her face to look at me and found me already looking at her. She blushed and looked down biting her lower lip. Which I saw was her habit whenever she was nervous.

"Thanks" was all I could get out of my mouth. I was never this nervous I had always been this confident person never nervous to speak up his mind. But I guess this girl has a great affect on me.

After a few minutes of us standing there in silence she suddenly said that left me in shock.

"I know you do not want this marriage and this is all because of business. I promise I would never come in your way, so you don't have to worry about me taking up your personal space. You are also free to do whatever and be with who you like, I will never complain."

I was lost of words as I let her words to sink. These were the words I never wanted to hear from her. Initially yes I wanted the same from Thompson's daughter but that was before I knew who she was.
Now all I want is her. I want her in my personal space, in fact I want her more than inside my personal space. And how can she think I will even think about other women when such a beauty is my wife.

She was looking down and since I said nothing she was turning around to walk back inside.
No ways! I am not letting her get away from me, I am not letting her set boundaries between us. I want her, and she will be mine.

"What if I want you in my space?"

"W-what.." she looked at me confused

"I know that this marriage is an arrangement by our parents but I will give you my word my commitment that I would be always there for you and there would be no other person other than you in my life. You will be wife whether arranged or not, and you are the only person allowed in my personal space." way to go to my no commitment promise...

She didn't say anything just stared in my eyes, maybe looking if I am serious or not about my word.

We were standing there looking into each other's eyes with no idea how much time went by, when mom called us in for the dinner. And we walked back in.

We sat on our original places and started serving ourselves dinner.

When the food came I saw her eyes lit up upon seeing Truffle Risotto, I think she likes it. So, I gave the plate her first so she could serve, to which she just motioned towards the side of table where our fathers were siting.

This girl is so selfless, I just took some for me and passed the plate towards our fathers and then she took it and passed it to the other end towards our mothers but not serving herself while she had the dish. When our mothers were done having and everyone was served their food she then took the dishes and served herself.

She got the plate of Truffle Risotto now and was putting some on her plate and other food was not much on her plate like she was just tasting dishes out of formality for us. Does she doesn't like these dishes or is she not hungry??
I realised I don't know about her and all I want is to get to know her likes and dislikes. But we will have our time, and I will know her fully both inside and out.
Fuck my brain, control Alex you can't get hard at this point we still have dinner to complete.

She was serving the second serve of Truffle Risotto and I saw her mother giving her death glares and she stopped herself with a sad smile on her face.

I was so angry at her mother for not letting her eat want she clearly liked. I wanted to speak up for her and put her mother in her place but then I saw her face and I do not want to do something that would make her more sad. I decided against speaking.

And now it was time for desserts and I for a fact know that Sarah would be a fan of desserts because of how sweet she was.

When she tried to take some desserts her mother just made it worse when she said to Sarah with a fake smile "I don't think Sarah would be eating desserts as she has to also fit in her wedding dress which she can't if she gets anymore fat."

I saw Sarah's face fell with sadness and her eyes fill with tears. Which she hid well by looking down at her lap.

And that was it and I snapped because nobody dares to speak to my Sarah like that and degrade her, even when she has petite figure and was way far than being fat.

I spoke sarcastically in a cold tone looking at her mother "Then why don't I also skip the dessert because it's my marriage also and even I want to fit in my suits. Also, if she is fat I don't know what would most of the women in sates will be then."

This got the attention of all especially Sarah who was looking at me shocked but was trying hard to hide her smile by biting her bottom lip under her teeth. Which gave me assurance that what I did was good for her and she would not be mad at me.

To clear the tension my mom laughed and spoke "Alex why don't you get the ring we have for Sarah."

So I got up and walked towards Sarah and pulled the red velvet box from my pocket and I opened it in front of her.

The ring was my family ring which I was happy that it got in her fingers, nobody else deserves this more than her. It was a simple yet elegant ring with a solitaire in between and smaller diamonds covering the white gold reaching the solitaire. It was a little old because it has be passed on since generations.

I wasn't sure if she would like it or ever wear it because this is a hair loon and old, but if she wanted I would get her any ring of her choice.

I never thought any modern girl would like an old ring but the reaction she had was priceless, when she saw the ring she had this spark in her eyes that I saw she had on her first day when she was looking at the college building.

Here I am assuming she liked the ring because otherwise her reaction would have be something else. I guess this girl is a surprise to me. Because any modern girl would surely wanted a new and latest design ring on her hand to show off.

I got the ring out of the box and forwarded my hand for her to give her hand to me and then she looked with those beautiful eyes in mine with so much adoration and I knew in that moment that I am a goner. I took her hand and placed the ring in her ring finger and then kissed her hand to which she blushed and looked down at the ground hiding away. She's the cutest thing I have ever seen. Oh, I am so mad for her.

And with that and some conversations between our parents they left. But before that my mother asked Sarah to plan the wedding with her and she agreed.

Today I am going to sleep as a happy man after a really long time. I got my Little Dove in my life and there is nothing more I can want in my life now.

Family Heirloom Wedding Ring

****

Hope you liked the chapter.

Please do Vote, Comment and Share.