Chapter 30

Sarah's POV

When someone twirled me around, I screamed.

I would have thought it was Alex, but his touch send warmth and chills through my body.

It was not him. And when I screamed, I heard one more scream. Then I opened my eyes and I was shocked to see the person in front of me, and he was too.

He immediately backed off, so did I.

It was Daniel, Alex's best friend.

Alex came running into the kitchen, breathing heavy and was worried "What happened? Why did you scream?" then he looked at us standing there looking at each other in shock.

Daniel was now rubbing the back of his neck.

"I am sorry," he said, feeling embarrassed. "I thought it was Eli."

I looked down and said, "It's okay."

Then Alex spoke looking at us confused "What happened here?"

He was looking at me now "And why are you covered in flour?"

"We were cooking, and Eli saw a cockroach, so she dropped the flour and.." I trailed off

"Okay but why did you scream? Did you see the cockroach again?" he asked, concerned

"No, I threw it when Eli jumped because of it." I said nonchalantly

"What?" they both said in unison, shocked, as if I was talking gibberish.

"You t-threw the cockroach?" Daniel asked

"Yes? I'm not scared of cockroaches." I asked, not sure why they were confused.

Then Alex cleared his throat and asked again "Then why did you scream? Did you hurt yourself?"

This time he had moved towards me, inspecting if I had hurt myself anywhere.

"No, I..uh ...." I don't know how to tell him what just happened, so I looked at Daniel

"Oh this is Daniel my best friend... You must have seen him in wedding, but it's the first time he came after our wedding, so you must be confused to see him?" Alex explained thinking I screamed because of seeing him, which I kinda did.

"Daniel this is my wife Sarah"

Daniel forwarded his hand and I said "I know I met him at the wedding"

"Sorry" Daniel said shaking my hand

"What?" Alex asked

"I came into the kitchen, and she was cooking. I thought it was Eli because she is usually the only one in the kitchen, so I... Don't beat me, Alex. I promise it was an accident, and I respect your wife," he said quickly, raising his hands in surrender.

"What??" Alex raised his voice this time.

He was moving toward Daniel, and I thought he might beat him for what he had just done. But Daniel explained that he thought I was Eli, and he was as shocked as I was. I didn't want them both to fight because of me.

I reflexively held Alex's hand to stop him from walking toward Daniel or hitting him. "Alex," I said, "he screamed when he saw me. He was also shocked. It was a mistake, please don't be mad."

He looked at me and then said, "Why would I be mad? I trust you, and I don't know why, but I trust this moron as well. I was just scaring him," he said with a smile.

Keeping his hand on his heart, Daniel said "Do you want me to die of heart attack, Alexie? I thought you were about to punch me for touching your wife."