Chapter 33

Sarah's POV

It has been two weeks since Mia came to my house. Since then, she has been better than before, but whatever she is dealing with, she is really hurt. I just wish her problems are solved soon, and she is her happy self again. I miss her old, happy self.

I was cooking in the kitchen when Daniel came and sat on the stool against the kitchen counter.

Yes, I cook when I am bored or worried about things. It gives me comfort, especially when people or Alex smile after eating my food.

"Umm... Sarah, have you seen Eli? I have been looking for her, and she's not in the estate," Daniel said in a low voice.

Is something wrong with him? He is generally cheery and childish, always joking around. But today he looked like he had not been sleeping for a long time. He had very dark circles around his eyes, and his undereyes were swollen. Had he been crying??

"Yeah, she is out. She's in LA."

"LA??"

"Yes, she had some event there."

"Ohh.. will she be long?" his voice dropped more.

"I think she will be back next week."

"Okay.." his face fell, and was about to leave.

"Hey, wait... I made snickerdoodles. Would you like to try?" I thought he would be up for them, and it would cheer him up, as he lives for food.

"No...I am not hungry." What??? There is something definitely wrong with him. Because Daniel never refuses food even when he is full. He would still make some space for more food.

"YOU not hungry??" I gave him a shocked expression just to cheer him up, and he smiled at me.

"Are you sure you don't want these?" I waved a snickerdoodle in front of him. "Freshly baked, just out of the oven, sweet, warm, and utterly irresistible snickerdoodles? Not even one bite? These are my best recipes, better than the choco-chip cookies?" I teased him so that he ate.

As I said, some sugar does no harm and is the key to a better mood whenever you are feeling low.

He licked his lips and eyed the snickerdoodle I had in my hand before taking his seat back. "Only because you are insisting so much."

He sat, and I served him some on a plate. While eating, he smiled at me and thanked me for them.

 While eating, he smiled at me and thanked me for them

"You know you can talk to me if you want to. I promise I will not tell anyone, not even Alex if you are concerned about it," I wanted to know why he was sad because I can't see anyone sad.

He didn't say anything and was just looking at his plate, so I stated, "I know you wanted to talk to Eli, and I am not trying to pressure you to talk or something. I was just concerned about you; you are family, and we all care for you."