Chapter 73

Third Person POV

Daniel had been keeping tabs on both Alex and Sarah, but Alex, residing in his penthouse, spent most of his time in a drunken haze.

After a week since meeting with Sarah, Daniel visited Alex, finding him inebriated and sprawled in his penthouse. "Fuck, Alex, get your act together and talk to her. How long do you think hiding and drinking will actually work for you?"

"She hates me, Danual. She haes me. She woul neva talk to me... (hiccup)... sshe doesn lovb me anymore. I am her culprittt. I lost her, Danual. I lost my litta Dove," Alex slurred, fully intoxicated, and lying on the kitchen floor.

"She doesn't hate you, and it's Daniel, not Danual, you drunk ass." Daniel kicked him and mimicked his speech.

"She does, I know tha...t," Alex slurred.

"Get yourself together and go talk to her. She's hurt, yes, but she still loves you the most and is more hurt because you're not trying," Daniel scolded him.

"Why you scolding me...(hiccup)... do you also hate me?" Alex slurred, pouting at him from the ground.

Daniel laughed at his antics. He couldn't even get mad at him because he understood how hurt Alex was. 'He had his freaking honeymoon planned, and now he's lying here in his kitchen drunk and hurting,' Daniel thought to himself.

"Alex, get up and tell her how much you love her and that you were planning your honeymoon." Daniel tried to motivate him.

"Honeyyyymoooon, hahaha, I shoul have my funeral planned. I'm dying without her, Danual," Alex slurred, tears streaming down his face.

Daniel, now angered by the situation, needed to update Alex about Amelia and Bertha and ensure him they were taken care of. Since the day Alex left Daniel's house for the penthouse, they hadn't been able to communicate. Alex remained in a drunken stupor, oblivious to his surroundings, often crying or inflicting harm on himself.

Daniel walked to the sink, filled a jug with cold water, and poured it over the prone Alex.

Alex gasped loudly, catching his breath. "What the hell?" he shouted.

"Now that you're somewhat sober, get up and sober up completely. I need to talk to you, and you damn well need to talk to Sarah," Daniel admonished him.

"Sarah? Did she agree to talk to me?" Alex asked excitedly, standing up immediately but almost tripping. Daniel held his arm, assisting him in regaining balance, and he stood stable with the support of the counter.

"No, but you're talking to her. I'm not breaking my promise; I assured her you wouldn't be allowed inside my house. However, I never promised to keep you away in a public place," Daniel beamed at Alex, who looked at him with confusion.

"Sober the fuck up first," Daniel shouted.

Alex smiled, turned, and bounded toward the bathroom, shouting and singing, "I'm meeting Sarah; I will talk to her."

When Alex returned, somewhat sober, Daniel handed him a pill to complete the process, which he had obtained on his way back from the doctor.

"Now that you're sober and clear-headed, there are some things you need to know," Daniel stated, narrating the entire saga of Amelia's deceit and the resolution of Bertha's situation, including how everything and the press had been handled.

"Did the sun start rising from the west while I was out?" Alex quipped.

Daniel shot him a 'Shut the fuck up' look but couldn't help but laugh.

"No, dumbass. We're heading to the mall, where Mia and Sarah will already be present. Mia and I have everything planned," Daniel explained. He detailed how Mia would get Sarah to the parking area, leave her in the car under the pretext of forgetting something in the mall, and precisely at that moment, they both would arrive. Alex would then enter the car, and Mia would lock them inside to facilitate their conversation.