Chapter 17

Sarah's POV

When I was done dancing with my father I was about to go sit but Noah approached me and asked for a dance.

"Will you do the honours and grant this mere human a dance Ms. Alien?"

I smiled at that, I was really tired and did not wanted to dance more but he had such a pleading look in his eyes that I could not say no. Also, I am a person who can't say no to anyone because I can't hurt the person especially if they are friends or family.

As we approached the dance floor I saw Alex dancing and smiling with a girl whom I don't know. She was a pretty lady and could be a model or an actress in movies if she auditioned. My she is a model the way she moved elegantly in those heels while I am trying my best no to buckle on my own feet. I couldn't help but feel jealous, I know I don't have a right on Alex and our marriage is only arranged but I wanted it to be more. Am I wishing for too much??

Noah brings me out of my thoughts and stares I was giving to Alex and that girl "You know you are more beautiful than her."

I looked at him shocked as how does he know what I was thinking? "I- I uh.. I wasn't thinking that, but thank you." I smiled at his compliment.

he smiled "I know miss Alien you were only looking at her to use your powers to make her vanish or better, burst like a balloon full of candies."

I chucked at his antics "I can't do that."

"How can I know that, you are the Alien who possesses the powers. You tell me what do you wanted her to turn into? A mouse or a chipmunk?"

I laughed and my mood was better "Now that your smile is back let me tell you this seriously. If I were in his place I would never let my beautiful wife like you alone to dance with some plastic chick."

My heart aches at the comment but I know I can't blame Alex for any of this because maybe he is just dancing with her as old friends. I smile at Noah and say "I hope you find someone who you love, who is as sweet as you."

"I think I have." he says and I wanted to ask him who but the music stopped and Alex approached us. His face had an unsettling expression, was something wrong with him?

Then Alex looked at me and his expression changed and he smiled at me. Seeing him smile even I smiled at him. I decided to head towards him and sit with him as we have not talked much to each other.

But then I notice his expression change, he is looking nervous or rather worried? But he is not looking at me, he is looking at something behind me?

Seeing his change in behaviour I decided to look what made him like this. So I turned and was looking what it could be then my eyes fell on a figure walking towards me.

The figure was of a girl who was walking towards me but she was not walking in straight line. Is she drunk? But who is she and why is Alex nervous on seeing her? 

Then I realised that she's the same girl I saw pictures of with Alex on the internet when I was searching about him after the engagement dinner.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the girl who now stood in front of me and said "You bitch, you think you can marry Alex and he will leave me?"

"W-what?" I said confused and sad thinking who she could be

"Alex is mine, he only loves me. He will never love you."

"B-But.."

"Alex tell her that you love me, and we were together for a years. Tell her that this marriage means nothing to you." She shouted