Chapter 88

Daniel's POV

I've been planning for this day for a long time. If you ask me, I would have done it the day she agreed to my 6-month chance or when she confessed her love. However, I had been waiting for the perfect opportunity.

I've had this box with me for over a year now, holding onto it for a long time. I decided to go with it because I love Mia the most, and I can't imagine my life without her, not even for a second.

With a lot of encouragement from Alex, I finally decided to tell her everything. Both of us have been planning for this day for over a month now.

I even went to Mia's family and got her father's permission for her hand. I knew she was angry with him, but I also knew that she loved him the most and missed her family a lot. He may seem unfair in his ways, but he only did what he did because he loved her.

I just hope Mia doesn't get angry seeing him at the party. I was very nervous about this party already, and the week behind it involved a lot of work to make everything perfect.

I know she doesn't care for big things and would have been happy if I proposed to her in our room, but she deserves all the happiness in the world. I wanted her to feel extra special because that is what she makes my life with her presence-special and worth living.

After my mother's death, I only had Reynolds and Dad to call family. Dad was not there most of the time because he traveled, and he couldn't stay here much where the love of his life lived and died. So, the only other thing next to the family was Alex and his parents. We were like siblings growing up.

But I always wanted my own Mom and Dad to be there for my graduations and important moments. I wanted my own family that I could call mine. When I met Mia, I knew she would be my everything. So, I can't wait to start a family of our own with her. And the first step in that way is to make her my wife. Now that her college is over, it is the right time for that.

When she entered wearing her dress, she looked so beautiful that I couldn't see anything else but her. For a moment, I even forgot to take a breath and was so nervous for tonight. I just hope everything goes as planned.

So far, everything was going well; she was enjoying her night. Although she ignored her father, she didn't get angry or upset.

While dancing with her, I was getting very nervous. I could feel my palms sweating and my breathing becoming uneven. Mia even asked if I was okay. I just smiled at her and kissed her. I needed that kiss before I went on one knee and waited for her answer. If she had decided to say no, at least I would have this kiss and tonight and every night spent with her to remember.

Here goes nothing.

As the song ended and everyone left the stage, as I already told them, I took a few steps backward, breathing long breaths to calm myself. I sat on one knee and took out the red velvet box that I had been hiding from her.

She gasped, the reaction I expected.

"Mia, love, you've enriched my life with your presence, making it incredibly beautiful. With you, I've discovered the missing piece of my heart. You make me feel like I have someone to call mine-always there for me, taking all the sarcasm I throw and doubling it," she chuckled, and so did everyone else.

"When I first met you, I sensed your uniqueness, knowing I needed you in my life. You made it challenging for me to win your heart, and thanks to Alex and Sarah, I got a second chance with you. If they hadn't gotten married, I might never have had that opportunity, realizing how much I need you in my life."

"I acknowledge I've made mistakes, but understand that you're the only thing I want and the person I love most in this world. Sorry, Eli, but your place is taken by her." I looked at Eli, and she smiled through her tears. She had always supported me like a mother and friend. I jokingly said she was my first love and topped the list of all my girlfriends.