Chapter 91

Sarah's POV

Concealing the pregnancy from Alex proves to be an arduous task, especially given his intimate knowledge of me and my inability to lie, particularly to him.

Though I despise not revealing it right away, during my rest after returning from the hospital, I had a wonderful dream. Reflecting on it, I decided to surprise Alex in a special way.

He deserves to be surprices in a special manner, and with the approaching 5th of August, just two days away, I thought it would be the perfect occasion. This day marks the anniversary of when Alex first laid eyes on me outside my university—a day that has become symbolic of many firsts for us. It's the day he first professed his love and proposed. Now, it will also be the day I share the news about our child.

Despite Maa dropping hints left and right, making it challenging to keep the secret, I am amazed she hasn't spilled the beans yet. However, she is currently engrossed in preparing for the party, as she adamantly refuses to let me do anything. I just hope everything goes well and Alex doesn't hate the idea.

***

We arrived at the restaurant to celebrate our special day, and I was gearing up to share the news with Alex. The anticipation weighed on me; I hoped he would be delighted by the revelation. If, by chance, he wasn't ready for kids right now, I wasn't sure how I would handle it.

During dinner, my nerves were palpable. Alex, ever attentive, noticed and suggested "Sarah, if you are not feeling well we can go back home. Celebrating it is not important, being together is."

"No, I'm good. Just a little nervous," I reassured with a smile.

"Nervous?" he inquired.

"I have a surprise for you after dinner," I said, smiling, my hope for his positive reaction evident.

"Am I getting you as my surprise?" he teased.

Blushing, I replied, "Yes, and something more."

His suggestive grin indicated his thoughts weren't entirely innocent.

After finishing our meal, I signaled the waiter to bring the box. Placed on the table, I rose from my seat and approached Alex.

Gesturing for him to open the box, he stood, untied the ribbons, and removed the lid.

His expression shifted to a frown as he peered at the cake inside—a round confection divided into pink and blue halves, with a pregnancy test kit made of cream, displaying two red lines.

He glanced from the cake to me, confusion evident. Oh this boy I internally rolled my eyes. I took his hand and placed it on my stomach, then looked into his eyes.

He looked at me first then at the stomach then at the cake. His eyes widened, and he stepped back.

"Sarah... this cake... you..." he stammered, and I simply nodded, tears streaming down my face.

He was still processing, his gaze shifting between the cake and me. After a moment, he glanced at my stomach and tentatively raised his hand, hesitation evident. As his fingers approached, they curled back, but I took his hand, nodded, and encouraged him to touch. Initially, it was just a fleeting contact, as if he feared I might break.

Not letting him retreat again, I held his hand against my stomach. He closed his eyes, took deep breaths, and then, opening his fist, touched my stomach again. This time, he left his hand there, a tangible connection.

Tears streamed down my face, mirroring the emotion in his eyes.

"Alex," I called, and as he looked at me with intense love, he pulled me into a heartfelt kiss.