F O R T Y T H R E E

"Jimin stay still here!" The elderly woman said while trying to catch the little child who is running around the room, jumping over some toys while wearing only a pant. "Jimin! Oh god! Wear the shirt at least!" The elderly woman said, finally catching the little boy as she breathed heavily. Little Jimin laughed loudly while being in his grandma's arm.

"Jimin, I'm not young like you to run around the house and chase after you! I'm old now. " His grandma said while putting a shirt on him as he pouted. "But..but..I want to play!" Little Jimin said as his grandma smiled at him. "You will play a lot! Your new friend is coming today! You'll play with her." His grandma said excitedly as his little eyes lighted up in happiness. " Really??" He asked while jumping in excitement. " Yes my sweetheart! Now get ready quickly!" His grandma said as she kissed his cheek and laughed.

Little Jimin stood beside his grandma while hiding a little, looking at a unknown girl who was directly staring at him with no emotion. "Miss Park, meet my daughter Song Taehee." A young woman introduces the little girl to his grandma as Taehee bowed infront of her. "What a cute girl you are! Jimin go and greet her." His grandma said while pushing little Jimin forward but he just shook his head and hid behind his grandma.

"Ah..sorry Mrs.Song.... he is not fond of meeting new people but earlier he was really excited to meet her." Grandma said as Mrs.Song laughed a little. "Don't worry Miss Park. He's just a little kid. My daughter is really sweet to Little kids. They will get along really well!" Mrs.Song said while looking down to Taehee and caressed her hair.

"Jimin, why don't you introduce Jumbo to Taehee?" Grandma said as he got excited. "Really? Can I show to her?" Jimin said as his grandma nodded. "Now you two go to the play room, and play with each other, okay?" Grandma said as Jimin nodded, then looked at Taehee with a small smile. Taehee looked at him before walking with him to the play room.

"Meet my friend, Jumbo." Jimin said awkwardly while holding a elephant plushie with him. Taehee stared at her in curiousity as Jimin sat beside her. "I don't like Jumbo." Taehee said in straight as Jimin got shocked. Jimin stared at her as his eyes getting watered slowly. " But...but...Jumbo is cute." Jimin said, with tears in his eyes.

" Jumbo is not cute!" Taehee stated, furrowing her brows as Jimin looked down. " You are mean...Jumbo don't like you anymore...Jumbo is sad now..." Jimin mumbled as he broke into tears. Jimin cried loudly as Taehee's eyes got widened. She got closer to him as he tried to shush him. " Hey..hey.. Jumbo is cute! I like Jumbo. I was joking!" Taehee said, grabbing Jimin's shoulder as he looked up at her with teary eyes.  She slowly wiped his tears as Jimin stared at her curiously. "I was joking.." she mumbled while looking at Jimin who was already stopped crying. He looked at her face before smiling a little.

"Miss Park, your grandchild is really cute and handsome." Mrs.Song said while sipping on her tea. Grandma smiled back as she nodded. " Your daughter is also beautiful." Grandma said as her mother grinned. "Mrs.Song, your daughter looks really mature compared to her age..I can't believe she is only 9!" Grandma spoke while staring at Mrs.Song.

" Yeah..she really is... I'm glad she is like this. It really gets easy to handle her with ease. She is also good at studies too!" She said as Jimin's grandma smiled in response. Then a silence formed in between them as his grandma stared at the ground. Mrs.Song shifted in her seat as she silently took a sip of her tea until grandma broke the silence. "You might be wondering about his Mother, right?" Grandma asked as Mrs.Song  stared at her before nodding slowly as she looked down.

"When he was only one year old... his mother...she suddenly got sick. It was a unknown disease as doctors couldn't able to save her life." Grandma said as Taehee's mother gasped in shock. She stared at grandma before looking down. "It must be hard for him. Not able to feel or get the affection of his mother..?" She stared at Grandma as she nodded slowly. "It was hard but I somehow managed to give him some affection. But I'm aging slowly and I have so many fear for him. He is really a sweet kid... I don't want him to get hurt... "His grandma said as she sniffled and wiped her tears with a napkin. Taehee's mother suddenly grabbed her hand as she stared at her. "Miss Park... I don't know what will happen in future but I promise me and Taehee will take a good care of him.. "She said as Grandma slowly smile while shaking her head.