Chapter 93 Getting Settled In

"Davis, wake up Kat, will ya, we're here" Harold said getting out of the car.

"Kitty. We're here. We arrived in our new home" Davis gently shook her awake again.

"Oh and don't worry about organising your furniture, I had a friend do it for free" Harold said standing outside the drivers side open car door, leaning down a bit to see Davis' face.

"Already" Kat yawned and stretched, sitting up right, then getting out of that. "Thank you Harold and your friends too"

"You didn't need to do this" Davis pointed out.

"I wanted to"

Davis got out of the car and got both suitcases and bags. Kat took the smaller bags to lighten the load for davis. Davis used a small bit of his telekinesis to lift the suitcases. They followed Harold inside.

"Morning Jolene!"

"Harold, good to see you again, you asked for a copy of your grandson's key right?"

"That I did."

"Here ya go" Jolene the receptionist gave Harold a spare key that Harold gave straight to Kat. Harold kept the original key until they got upstairs, Davis didn't exactly have spare hands. They took the lift/elevator to their new apartment, where Betty already was unpacking a couple boxes of kitchen items.

"And here we are! Your new home. Rent+Bills are due at the end of every month if I remember correctly. The first month has been paid so you'll have enough time to settle in properly"

Kat ran into the kitchen and ran into Betty for one of her iconic hugs. Davis left the suitcases by the door for the time being. They'll be moved eventually.

"Hey baby" Betty said to Davis, while checking his heartbeat

"Hey Betty, I'm alive. Sorry for the scare"

"Oh it's okay baby. I'm glad you're alive."

"Now, you two must be hungry!"

"We have food, Betty. We bought some sandwiches in the airport we might as well
eat."

"Are you sure, I can't make y'all something to eat?"

"We're fine Betty thank you"

Davis helped Harold bring in the last of the boxes from the movers van.

"Alright well, me and Harold best be getting home now. Here's our address and we'll see you in the morning"

Davis and Harold finished with all the boxes. The movers truck was empty. Kat went into her room and immediately fell asleep. Betty and Harold left to go home, letting Davis and Kat get settled into their new home. Davis went into his room. It felt weird. It was so bland. He'll have to decorate it as soon as he gets the chance. He checked on Kat and she was fast asleep so he found one of the boxes that belonged to Kat and took out a blanket then went back into her room and gently threw it over her. He kissed her forehead before finding a blanket for himself in one of his own boxes. Then his phone rang. He headed back to his room and answered it.

It was Shizu face timing him. Flex had gotten back and let them know the time of his flight, so they all calculated when he'd land in America.

"Hey Davis-senpai" they waved on the screen

"Hey Shizu"

"I'm here too!" Flex popped his head in.

"Hey Flex, glad you made it back alright"

"Yeah! How was the flight?"

"It went pretty quickly once we were in the air.."

"How's Kat and Where is she?" Shizu asks before adding "And have you eaten yet??"

"Kat's fine, she's fallen asleep for the third time and I'll eat tomorrow. I'm just gonna sleep as soon as I hang up"

"You better eat. And please quit SH! I'm not there to scold you"

"I know. I will. Ronin said the same thing. I'll stop"

"Please look after yourself, please"

"I will. I promise." Davis looked away from the screen to yawn then looked back.

"Okay good, I'm gonna make you keep that promise!"

"You doing alright so far..?"

"I'll admit this feels weird...I don't like not seeing you but you'll be safer and happier over there..right?"

"You shouldn't be worried about my safety but you make a good point. It's better for me to be here than anywhere near Monarch Academy.. And I'll agree with you, this does feel weird."

"I'm not sure how to feel about this just yet. I'm glad you're safer there, and you'll be happier and you'll finally become a hero.. but I can't stop thinking about how much we'll miss you."

"Shizu let the dude sleep!" Shino shouted from the background, making Davis burst out in a laugh.

"Shino! Shush! You can't even face your best friend because he left you!" Shizu shouted back at Shino, that seemed to shut him up.

"He considered me his best friend..?" Davis stopped laughing to say.

"He's all embarrassed now. But yeah. You're like the closest friend he had that stuck around. You're a good friend, Davis-senpai and you'll make an even better hero!"

Shino snuck up behind Shizu and stole their phone then ran off so he could talk to David without interruption.

"Hey Davis"

"Hey Shino. How have you been so far?"

"It hasn't even been a day, and it's so odd not seeing you injured and unconscious on the couch"

Davis smiled "I bet."

"How's Kat. How was the flight and the drive? How's your new home?"

"Kat's fine just tired. The flight and drive were both long and were also fine. And this just doesn't feel like home you know."

"You're gonna have boxes all over the place. Until every box is unpacked, you ain't settled in"

"Yeah I know. We're gonna procrastinate so hard with this place. Just the two of us, were barely adults."

"Would you rather have to deal with Avian for another 3 years! Because we have to! You wanna switch places?"

"Nahh im good. You make a good point, I don't wanna be dealing with Avian. You lot back in school yet?"

"Nah not yet. Still being rebuilt. They haven't started rebuilding the student hospital yet.. So we don't know when it'll be finished"

"School is mostly rebuilt though?"

"Yeah pretty much. Just safety checks to do then the student hospital.. You know they added a literal memorial for you dude."

"They know I'm alive right?"

"They should.. I'm pretty sure they do actually.. I don't know, I haven't seen the thing yet myself."

Davis looked away from the camera again to yawn then looked back.

"Anyway I'm not gonna be a hypocrite here so I'll let you get some rest. You must've had a pretty long day. Stay Alive okay Davis?"

"Same goes to you."

"Do me a favour, will you?"

"Sure, what?"

"Look out for the little people, like us."

"Of course. I promise. Till our next communion"

"I'll talk to you whenever I talk to you next"

Shino hung up and Davis did too, he immediately let out a big yawn and placed his phone on the bedside table on charge and flopped onto bed and fell asleep.

(Words:1204)
(Stay Alive to Live not Survive. Or Else The Gremlins Will Eat Your Left Sock and Hide Your Right Shoe!)