Chapter 13 'Please Wake Up'

It's been a few weeks since the fight, Kat's on the path of healing completely very soon and she's been allowed to leave the hospital but she hasn't left.
.
.
.
.
.
Davis hasn't woken up yet.

To be fair Davis' injuries and wounds were a lot worse than Kat's, Davis kept fighting and then flew them both to the hospital while Kat was out for most of it. Kat got hurt a lot too just not as much as Davis did. She kinda got lucky

Kat sits in that chair next to where Davis is hooked up to the vitals monitor, IV stand and oxygen mask. Bandages cover all of his cuts and wounds, luckily the bleeding has stopped for now.

Kat stares at him all day afternoon and evening and even some nights where she can't sleep, she just won't look away from Davis' still weak body and slow breathing just in case...
Just in case there's that chance that he wakes up
.
.
.
Kat hasn't actually told Ronin about what happened yet. He doesnt know.

Kat stole- borrowed Davis' phone to call Ronin.

"Hello Davis, where are you" Ronin asks first with his voice sounding like he was pissed. He sounded serious.

"This is Kat. Were in the hospital" Kat says while she looks over to her friends still body lying there in a hospital bed

Ronins tone of voice goes a lot more serious sounding " what happened Kat"

"Rain. I can explain once you get here but please hurry, Davis hasn't woken up from our run in" With that Kat hangs up.

Ronins POV (still third person)

Those words " Davis hasn't woken up" ring in his head over and over again
He activates his quirk, and as fast as the blood allows him, speeds over to the hospital where Kat and Davis were. He finds the room where Kat is (using her heartbeat) and bursts into the room out of breath (his quirk ran out)
he finds Kat sitting in a chair next to Davis staring at him.

Third person POV

Kat looks over to Ronin. "Hey Ronin, guess I owe you an explanation" Kat gives a slight weak chuckle.

"What happened with Rain?" Ronin is concerned looking at his soon to be son in a fucking hospital bed, hanging on for dear life.

Before Kat could start explaining Avian and Venus come in.
"Hey Ronin... When did u get here?".

Venus walked over to Davis to make sure all of his vitals and heartbeat were steady.

" A second ago. Kat, where did this little fight go down?"

Ronin gave Kat a stern serious look while his hair was still white and eyes still red.

"Down the street and around the corner from THAT warehouse" she purposely emphasized the word 'that'

Ronin immediately understood what she meant by 'THAT warehouse'. He deactivated his quirk so his hair and eyes went back to normal.

"Avain, could you get any CCTV camera footage of that area"

"Sure"

"Could you also try to get the footage from a few months ago of a certain student being brought in one of those warehouses"

"Strange and concerning request but sure" with that Avian left to find those CCTV tapes.

"His vitals are fine, and his heartbeat is barely there and it's slow and but it's steady, he'll be fine" Venus said then leaves back to the reception

Ronin walked over to Davis and Kat and sits on the chair on the opposite side of Kat.

"Short version what happened to him, Kat?"

"Rain stabbed him as many times as he could" Kat responds with while looking down

"Thank you for telling me that, Rain won't get away with this"

"They're villains, they always do" Kat was slowly losing hope in Heroes and it was kind of showing.

"What?"

"I just mean that with someone as insane and famous as Rain, there should have been more heroes around, but there wasn't any"

"How late was this"

"Huh?"

"Around what time did that fight go down"

"I don't know, the stars and moon were out but the street lights had just turned on before I was knocked out"

"So pretty late"

"I guess but still, people were still working when we started scouting the city"

"Hmm"

Don't think Kat realised but she was giving away information about what happened without even thinking.

Just then Avian walks back in with a USB
"Found them, We can use Kowalski's office he's in board meetings all day"

"Thanks Avian, owe you one. Kat let's go, come on"

"But-"

"No buts, as much as I hate to say it, Davis isn't gonna wake up just because you stare at him plus Venus is here so it'll be fine"

"Fine" Kat's still tired so she isn't bothered to put up much of an arguement with him or anyone in fact

They headed over to Kowalski's office