Chapter 68 Drinks Bring Back All The Memories

(Trigger Warning: Swear as usual, Mentions childhood trauma cuz it's Origins)

Davis grabbed some spare packing tape, his wallet and then pocketed his phone and Nintendo switch (just in case). He made sure his visors weren't gonna randomly fall half way down his face, he made sure it was over his eyes before grabbing his keys for where he left them last and left the house, locking the door behind him. Then he went forth to the one special McDonald's in which they met at. A young thief struggling to get by and a hero in training flunking most of his classes and friendless. He decided to text Kat again once he arrived at said place they met.

Davis: it's the McDonald's we met at right
Kat: yes davi. I'm on my way there now
Davis: okay just checking
Kat: see you there Davi.
Kat is offline
Davis is offline.

Davis sat on a bench outside the restaurant waiting for Kat. He didn't even check if they were still open, lucky for him they are. They don't technically close until like 2am and that's hours and hours away..(idk if that's tru)
A few moments later Kat arrives with excitement all over her face.

"Have you been waiting long?"

"Not really"

"I forget how close the bakery is"

"Hmm what are you ordering before we go in"

"20 piece chicken nuggets meal and a shitty mcCafe coffee"

"I might as well get the same as you" Davis said standing up.

"Let's go!" Kat sprinted inside and took a deep breath of all the good smells. Davis caught himself smiling and walked in after her.

"Hi Welcome to McDonald's What Can I Get You Today?" An employee asked.

"Can I Get 2 20 piece chicken nuggets with 2 larger fires and 2 coffees please" Kat asked.

"What kind of coffee would you like"

"Uhh normal coffees"

"2 white coffees"

"Of course is that all"

"Yes thank you"

"Eating in or takeaway"

"Eat in please"

"Okay you're total comes to 15.04 Cash or Card?"

"Card please"

"Okay when you're ready you can scan it."

"Since when do you have a card"

"I've had to for ages" Davis said in response to scanning his card on the reader.

"Thank you, here's your receipt with your order number, when we call out the number come and collect it"

"Okay thank you"

Davis and kat left to find someplace to sit while they waited. They chose a place in the corner. One side of the table was a sofa the other side was a normal chair.

"Why do we bother getting mcCafe coffees"

"They aren't nice"

"I know" Kat laughed "we always complain about the taste and swear we'll never buy it again"

"But we always end up buying another and doing the same thing"

They shared a hearty laugh.

"But seriously when did you get a card"

"Like I said I got it ages ago. I just don't ever use it"

"Clearly. Ive never even seen it."

"I don't need to use it, usually I just use cash. It's easier you know"